British Speedway Forum
Fundinfan

Kent v Coventry

Time must have arrived for Coventry to look further than Ryan Macdonald. The last few matches must have broken his confidence in this league. The main problem seems to be in his gating  ability or rather lack of it. To say he is worse than Bomber Harris  says it all. Apart from giving everyone a start from the tapes he shows promise, but I do think Coventry need to try someone else in this current six man team his performance tonight is just not acceptable.

Is he the team manager's son?

A very tight meeting last night which was always going to be decided in heats 13 & 15, when Kent usually come to the party. The presentation has certainly slipped at central park this season, first race dead on 6.30 seems to be a thing of the past. With the dreaded curfew always looming, The management need to up their game.

Will the Thompson twins just not replace him when they’re old enough? 

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

A very tight meeting last night which was always going to be decided in heats 13 & 15, when Kent usually come to the party. The presentation has certainly slipped at central park this season, first race dead on 6.30 seems to be a thing of the past. With the dreaded curfew always looming, The management need to up their game.

Crowd looked very sparse in the action shot on the Website?

Crowds are down everywhere I go. How low do they fall before tracks start closing. That is the big question.

Edited by cityrebel
Spelling mistake

12 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Crowds are down everywhere I go. How low do they fall before tracks start closing. That is the big question.

Yes,and my point is how much has Kent`s crowd gone down since the opening in 2013. I am guessing half of what it was.

12 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Yes,and my point is how much has Kent`s crowd gone down since the opening in 2013. I am guessing half of what it was.

What's the answer to that in your opinion blue herb? 

Don't know where all this doom and gloom is coming from. At last season's final meeting Len Silver publicly announced that

Kent had earned good profits and that it was his task to continue in the same manner. We took that to mean that he was not

intending to move up a league and jeopardise the future of Kent Speedway.  I was at last night's meeting ( great stuff!) and 

saw some brilliant Speedway with a last heat decider.  While I have seen more people there, none the less it looked quite healthy to me

and it took a long time to get out of the car park ( usually an indication at any track that plenty of fans are there). I do NOT agree with blueherb777.

By the way, even with some hold ups for various things and plenty of inter-race watering to slow the meeting down, it was still all over by about 8.15

well before the curfew, so don't know what cityrebel is moaning about.   A 9 year old who had a ride before the racing started was so good he got the

best applause of the night ! Don't know his name.

• Like 1

We were one rerun away from a declared result last night, is that acceptable to you. With such a tight schedule to running meetings at central park, completing the main event is essential to keep the paying punters happy. Is that clear enough for you.

1 hour ago, Old Crusader said:

What's the answer to that in your opinion blue herb? 

Yes.

We will never know,as crowds are never given.

The stand has over 2000 seats.  Who knows how many people are in the stadium but even on a bad night it looks as if at least  1/4 of the seats are occupied thats over 500 people. There must be 150 people that stand on the balcony between the 2 layers of seats, plus at least 70 around the track and If its a local derby/no football/bank holiday attendance goes up considerably. There are a lot of clubs would love to have the support that Kent get. Financially the stadium is owned by the speedway/dogs promoter so there is no massive rent to pay. 

• Like 1

Kent get excellent crowds for NL racing, especially when you take into account the race night and start time.

23 hours ago, Fundinfan said:

Time must have arrived for Coventry to look further than Ryan Macdonald. The last few matches must have broken his confidence in this league. The main problem seems to be in his gating  ability or rather lack of it. To say he is worse than Bomber Harris  says it all. Apart from giving everyone a start from the tapes he shows promise, but I do think Coventry need to try someone else in this current six man team his performance tonight is just not acceptable.

I 've always considered MacDonald a complete wobbler,  but despite his falls he looked far faster on a bike then I 've seen before. I d say he is definitely worth bearing with for the whole season as I think he will come good.

• Like 2