British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Sheffield 29 June KOC 7.30

6 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

What an embarrassing performance by Worrall.

We have had the mis-fortune to witness this most weeks 

There is something obviously not right as he has the ability as shown last year , but in general his performances this year have been abysmal.

WOW, What a night! Some top class racing action, from both sets of riders. R Worrall not the best choice of guest for the Tigers.. An all round team effort from the lads tonight, Schlein nice paid max and fully deserved, Josh and Jake was their usual awesome selfs, and what a top man Gino is, 4 rides on the bounce, when was that last done by anyone?? Think we can now put the last bad fortnight to bed and kick on now. UTS

Thought for a minute Richie hates Sheffield and probabaly doesn't want to go back to Sheffield so helps Scunthorpe get through, then remembered were out of the Cup!

Is Steady a good team boss,he does not turn up to some away meetings,and why does he keep pulling George Wood out of a ride even when we cant possibly lose the meeting         he was a great rider for the Tigers but i dont rate his tactics as a team m,manager, should get Jack Lee back

Not the best meeting by Scunny standards, didn’t think the racing was that good, track looked a bit rough in places and half of every lap were just hazy riders seen through the dust. 

Worrall was woeful, think I would have taken him out of his 4th ride and given Shanes or Wood an extra ride.

Nicol on the other hand was brilliant, first sight of the track as far as I know and came away with 2 wins over Auty and another night had 2 other rides that could have been wins. Brilliant signing!!

Scunny deserve to go through over the 2 legs - if not for Garrity riding like Garrity and getting injured, we would probably have only just scraped a home win last night.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

Not the best meeting by Scunny standards, didn’t think the racing was that good, track looked a bit rough in places and half of every lap were just hazy riders seen through the dust. 

Worrall was woeful, think I would have taken him out of his 4th ride and given Shanes or Wood an extra ride.

Nicol on the other hand was brilliant, first sight of the track as far as I know and came away with 2 wins over Auty and another night had 2 other rides that could have been wins. Brilliant signing!!

Scunny deserve to go through over the 2 legs - if not for Garrity riding like Garrity and getting injured, we would probably have only just scraped a home win last night.

Completely agree. Scunny has always been one of my favourite tracks but last night was poor stuff on a track that looked patchy to say the least. 

The sight of Auty desperately trying to pass summed it up.

Sublime performance from Schlein backed up by big contributions from Allen and the impressive Berge saw Scunny through. Equally impressive was Nicol, thoroughly deserving an extra ride.

Best wishes to Danny Philips, that was a nasty one.

11 hours ago, Stoneroses said:

Don't like to bad mouth any rider but that has to be the worst showing by a guest at number one ever

I agree with you, but I feel that Worrall's abysmal performance will cost big time.

12 hours ago, Stoneroses said:

Don't like to bad mouth any rider but that has to be the worst showing by a guest at number one ever

I can remember in the early 70's Workington top rider Mitch Graham guesting for and  at Hull riding at NO;1 scoring 4 duckheads. had bike problems all night and was booed by disgruntled Hull fans for his efforts not surprisingly.

10 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I can remember in the early 70's Workington top rider Mitch Graham guesting for and  at Hull riding at NO;1 scoring 4 duckheads. had bike problems all night and was booed by disgruntled Hull fans for his efforts not surprisingly.

I can also remember John Louis guesting for Shawn Moran in 1981 against Reading and getting 2 points, it didn't help that Kenny Carter was guesting for the Racers and got a maximum! Needless to say, the Racers won narrowly. 

3 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I remember booking Ollie Allan  to guest for us at Lakeside in the early 00's, and he scored 1point and we pulled him out of his last ride. Shocking, and never got another booking after that. Was called SuperSub after that. :approve:

• Like 1

I remember Billy Sanders guesting at Wolves for us  and he was good round monmore green but sadly got injured heat one so we got hammered. As much as we hate guests it's the nature of speedway.Every team gets let down and every body  gets a good choice on occasions so it's no good moaning about it,it's just frustrating.If we had both been at full strength it would have been a classic. Glad to see Broc winning races but let's hope he's not too successful and we get screwed with team building next season.As for this season it's not happening for us so I think we should just accept we going to win nothing unless we get Kyle and Charles fit and replace Bjerre on his away performances.

Understandable Richie getting a bit of flack I suppose but to be honest I expected alot more fight from some of the Sheffield regulars to be honest 

Some experienced riders there who should have done more

So pleased that the Scorpions went through, hopefully the next round we will be able to track all of our seven riders for a change instead of been our injured . The young yankee looks a good prospect  for Sheffield and one last thing it’s a pity the Tigers going on about there choice of guest Richie hasn’t been in the best of form lately so I was surprised by there choice of guest rider so who does pick the guest is it Team Manager (Simon Stead) or the promoter ( Damian Bates ) ?????

6 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

I remember Billy Sanders guesting at Wolves for us  and he was good round monmore green but sadly got injured heat one so we got hammered. As much as we hate guests it's the nature of speedway.Every team gets let down and every body  gets a good choice on occasions so it's no good moaning about it,it's just frustrating.If we had both been at full strength it would have been a classic. Glad to see Broc winning races but let's hope he's not too successful and we get screwed with team building next season.As for this season it's not happening for us so I think we should just accept we going to win nothing unless we get Kyle and Charles fit and replace Bjerre on his away performances.

Yes, like you say, we got the other side of the coin last year with Richard Lawson at Redcar last August, who probably did better than Josh G would have done.