British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

27•06•18 - Premiership - Rye House v Swindon

11 minutes ago, Haza said:

Time for speedway in this country to rebuild- let’s get back to weekend fixtures home meetings every other week in one big league- if riders can’t commit to every fixture there team races in don’t sign the rider - only riders 100% committed to British speedway should be used not the will ride in Uk if there is nothing else better elsewhere attitude- and reduce admission to £15 . 

Agree,but you can say that till the cows come home nobody that matters is listening I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, Haza said:

Time for speedway in this country to rebuild- let’s get back to weekend fixtures home meetings every other week in one big league- if riders can’t commit to every fixture there team races in don’t sign the rider - only riders 100% committed to British speedway should be used not the will ride in Uk if there is nothing else better elsewhere attitude- and reduce admission to £15 . 

Year zero start again but some promoters will rile against this as their vested interest is to win at any cost and to hell with the rest.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Haza said:

Every week, not every other week!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GWC said:

Year zero start again but some promoters will rile against this as their vested interest is to win at any cost and to hell with the rest.

Then the sport will die at a professional level.

Love the way Poole supporters are lining up their next signing from the Rye team!

Never mind won’t be long before they are in a league of their own.

10 minutes ago, GWC said:

Love the way Poole supporters are lining up their next signing from the Rye team!

Having read various comments about Poole on here over the years I thought they were already in a league of their own!

So the announcement on the Rye website now states 'meeting postponed' - rather than 'cancelled'!!

Whatever the unforeseen circumstances are, maybe Rye's outstanding rearranged home fixtures will have to be run at the weekend due to unavailability of Mons/Weds before the cut-off?!

46 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

It is true to say though that for much of last season and over the winter, most people on on forum thought FRN were the answer and the BSPA must have listened to that, along with Jason Doyle, Chris Holder and other riders. I always said it was a bad idea, tail wagging dog etc. If a rider cannot commit to a club then get someone who can - their loss. To risk the viability of clubs is the ultimate risk in my view, much more important than transient riders. Why should they be allowed to ride in 2 or even 3 UK leagues? Those over 6 in PL should not be allowed in CL and I don't care whether they rode CL or not before. It's time they got tough with this. Yes, it will reduce riders in the CL but there are plenty in NL and development leagues to take up places.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's now the same people moaning about the FRN that thought it was a good idea those many months ago.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GWC said:

There are some who plumb new depths. Shame

1 hour ago, GWC said:

Not me disgraceful 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,but you can say that till the cows come home nobody that matters is listening I'm afraid.

NICE idea but stadium availability as much as rider availability is an issue. 

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Every club has to run on the best night for their business, to attract the best crowd. If the riders can't commit to this, then they have to go. What is more important, The track surviving, or the riders financial needs.

Therein lies the root of most of the issues. The sport is run to appease the riders and everything and everyone else has to fall in line behind

Until that mentality changes it will continue to spiral southwards!

Edited by frigbo
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NICE idea but stadium availability as much as rider availability is an issue. 

Clubs should race on the night or their choice,we will always disagree on rider availability,but we should pick riding that commit to GB even if it means lowering the standard .Fans Are paying over the odds for the standard they are watching now IMO.Id rather see young riders putting in some effort than watch what I am seeing now by so so called star riders.Everything hunky dory in BSPA TOWERS though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Clubs should race on the night or their choice,we will always disagree on rider availability,but we should pick riding that commit to GB even if it means lowering the standard .Fans Are paying over the odds for the standard they are watching now IMO.Id rather see young riders putting in some effort than watch what I am seeing now by so so called star riders.Everything hunky dory in BSPA TOWERS though.

The biggest issue last season was rider availability due to clashes between the Premiership and Championship. How would ensuring riders are committed to Britain get around that?

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Though if you say 'postponed' I think you have to give a reason for it. 

The Stoke Potters web site says that "many" tracks have had problems in sourcing the right shale. Could this be a reason? Stoke have had to postpone fixtures until their track problems have been fixed to the SCB's satisfaction. Maybe the Rye House promotion don't want the falls and injuries that befell Stoke, and have taken pre-emptive action until a source of the right kind of shale is found. Maybe admitting the problem is to embarrassing for the promoters?

On the other hand, it could be something else completely.