British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

27•06•18 - Premiership - Rye House v Swindon

PREMIERSHIP leaders Swindon are back in action on Wednesday when they visit bottom club Rye House (7.30pm) looking to further boost their play-off chase.

The CFS Filtration Robins have recent experience of the Hoddesdon circuit as they put the Rockets out of the KO Cup last month, although the second leg in Hertfordshire resulted in a 39-51 defeat.

Troy Batchelor dominated their scoring on that occasion, with the meeting being all about ensuring a safe passage to the semi-finals with a massive first leg advantage.

Robins won their first two away matches in the league this season but have taken just one point from the next four, although 39 is their lowest total in any meeting.

They still hold a comfortable position in the table and are three points clear of second-placed Belle Vue with the sides having completed equal meetings, whilst the advantage over fifth-placed Leicester is nine points.

But boss Alun Rossiter has stressed the importance of continuing to pick up points on the road, and says his riders know exactly what to expect on Wednesday.

Rossiter said: “It’s an important match for us and we need to be targeting at least a point there just to keep things ticking over.

“It can be a very tough track to go to, it’s going to be another hot day and we have to expect dry and slick conditions.

“The boys will need to be dialled-in to get off the starts right from the beginning of the meeting, and there’s no reason why we aren’t good enough to get something there.

“Our home record is still very strong, and I feel if we can take another couple of away wins that will really cement our position in the play-off places.”

Rye House slipped to the foot of the table as a result of Monday’s action which saw King’s Lynn and Poole both pick up away points.

The Rockets suffered their first home defeat of the season to Belle Vue last week when they missed out in a last-heat decider, and Wednesday’s meeting sees them seeking to end a three-match losing run.

Rockets

1. Krzysztof Kasprzak

2. Aaron Summers

3. Chris Harris

4. Stuart Robson

5. Scott Nicholls 

6. Ben Morley (GUEST)

7. Max Clegg

Robins

1. Nick Morris

2. Adam Ellis

3. Tobiasz Musielak

4. David Bellego

5. Troy Batchelor

6. Zach Wajtknecht

7. Jack Smith

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

When are Rye going to replace Clegg, can't be doing him any good whatsoever.

Ben Morley guests in place. of Nikolie busk Jocobson

Just noticed there are 4  Lakeside riders in this match it could pull in a few Hammers fans,,especially as there is no home meeting for them this week.....

Meeting off

1 minute ago, Shadders said:

Meeting off

On Twitter it says:

**VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM BMR SPEEDWAY PROMOTERS**
It is with great regret that we have to announce that, due to unforeseen circumstances, tomorrow's fixture against Swindon is cancelled.

What circumstances would they be, then?

Sounds like more from the big book of How to Grow the Biggest Mushrooms.

Let's hope that it is something beyond the control of BMR and NOT any kind of "cease trading" notice from them. Odd.

• Like 1

Hope so too. 

Weird that it says “cancelled” rather than “postponed”. Hope that isn’t a telling comment.

• Like 1

To save on speculation, instead of putting due to unforeseen circumstances, why don't the club reveal more? If it is a problem with the Stadium or Track, then say it. If it is a problem with Riders, then say it. If it's something else then explain a little more. Fans are left so frustrated with announcements like this.

• Like 3

By the way, I was planning on going Tomorrow but due to unforeseen circumstances I wouldn't have been able to make it.

Meeting still on according to BSPA website. Maybe someone should tell the powers that be.

I made a cryptic comment on maybe Poole signing somebody the other day in relation to wondering if a track may be going out of biz possibly. With the falling crowds and what looked like woeful support for RH on one or two recent videos of races from recent matches maybe there could be something in it.

I sincerely hope I am  wrong on that score as none of us want to see any club go out of biz.

Perhaps something more revealing will be released shortly as they are my closest Prem track even if not my supported team. Nobody likes releases that leave you hanging and maybe it is something to do with rider availability or ??