British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

I O W v Brummies NL 28th June

ISLE OF WIGHT: Ben Morley, Danno Verge, Scott Campos, Chris Widman, Alfie Bowtell, Jamie Bursill, Shaun Tedham.

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, Danny Ayres, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, Arran Butcher, Leon Flint.

Morley should have the better of most of the away riders as should Bowtell. I’d think that flint will take butcher extra ride as with cupitt and walker same as previously. A lot will rely on widman and campos in this meeting they really need to all fire together if they want to take something from this meeting 

11 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Morley should have the better of most of the away riders as should Bowtell. I’d think that flint will take butcher extra ride as with cupitt and walker same as previously. A lot will rely on widman and campos in this meeting they really need to all fire together if they want to take something from this meeting 

Walker is normally excellent at Smallbrook. 

Guest GiveusaB

No disrespect but this is one meeting that we should be looking at taking ALL the points if we are to consider ourselves as a good side?

Leon's last meeting at reserve and a big performance from our top 3 will be expected/required!

Guest GiveusaB
3 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Walker is normally excellent at Smallbrook. 

Walker's bike/s have been far too slow this season.

As has been  said Morley and Bowtell should do the job but the rest will need to step up for IOW to have any chance against a very powerfull  Birmingham side with virtually 3 no 1s in the side,,,....

7 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

40-50, flint will get a boatload as per

39 - 51, nearly right. Both sides had some bad luck, but a heavy fall for Ben Morley in heat 10 ended the warriors resistance. Leon flint was very impressive on the big smallbrook track.

A fit Morley I would expect to win 10 and 13 bringing them back a bit closer but I guess it wasn’t to be. Time to see how strong the Brummies are without Leon at reserve 

Guest GiveusaB
8 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

A fit Morley I would expect to win 10 and 13 bringing them back a bit closer but I guess it wasn’t to be. Time to see how strong the Brummies are without Leon at reserve 

About '6' points less per meeting away from home and '3' less at home!?

I'd expect Layne to be winning Heat 2 on most occasions?

28 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

About '6' points less per meeting away from home and '3' less at home!?

I'd expect Layne to be winning Heat 2 on most occasions?

Not if you’d seen him tonight. His head has totally gone up im afraid

with Layne and . Aaran at reserve, we have absolutely no score power and no options 

not even sure either rider will be able to complete heat two at either Easto or Cradley  without falling off so, at most, we will get only one point from their eight rides, possibly no score at all !!!

We are screwed now Leon is in the team as the reserves simply will not score 

sorry 

I agree with the hobbit I think cupitt has gone backwards always looks like a crash

16 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I agree with the hobbit I think cupitt has gone backwards always looks like a crash

He had a couple of nasty ones last night.

Guest GiveusaB

I agree too (Layne has definitely gone backwards of late) it's frustrating because I'm certain that he has the ability....it's all about his application imo....

For him to be coming off as much as he does, is showing that he's committed....just needs the control !

The problem at the moment is that there are no other alternatives, other than to stick with him....so in a way, we need Layne to keep going and try and get it right!?

I don't think Lawrence Rogers has the people skills to mentally get Layne back on track (so to speak)....that's not a dig at LR...it's just that some people have got it and some haven't?

He needs a Peter Adams in his camp !

This fixture ended as a competition once Morley crashed unfortunately. 

It will be interesting to see how Birmingham do with Flint in the team but they still have the strongest top 3 in the league and probably the strongest top 4 in the league!  They’re going to get enough points between them to win most meetings. Cupitt does seem to have gone backwards this season but dropping to reserve could give him the confidence to reignite his season. You look at other reserves and Cupitt is still one of the better ones.