British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh V Berwick & Berwick V Edinburgh KOC QF

maybe beat last night but sill the best team in scotland  and to night will prove why so get behind the lads berwick fans  mmmmmmmvery nice

in scotland hmmmmmm

17 minutes ago, Dekker said:

Berwick have a surplus of white flags after last night.

Plenty of time to paint red crosses on them then, ready for the world cup final.

2 hours ago, cyclone said:

As has been already stated, this arrangement has been in place for a few years now.

The finish line is still in it's original position, but the starting gate was moved back, the reason being that the distance from the tapes to the first bend was considered too short, resulting in a greater likelihood of first bend pileups. 

I would add that all teams & riders are made aware of the this, and as most teams do a pre-meeting track walk, they should also recognise the set up.

Wimbledon was the first stadium that I visited in the 1970's that had the starting gate located several yards behind the finishing line, but there may  also have been other tracks who had a similar layout.

I think Plymouth was/is the same with different start and finish lines.

So the ref is in line with the start at the beginning of the race and the finishing line at the end of the race does he walk to the other side of the referees box during the race?:cheers:

31 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Doesnt matter how much you tell him Nothumberland is in England and runs from the Humber to The Forth, still totally deluded

lollollol very nice

49 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Doesnt matter how much you tell him Nothumberland is in England and runs from the Humber to The Forth, still totally deluded

People should stop feed the troll , he's the original Forum Fanny 

Just now, DSC67 said:

People should stop feed the troll , he's the original Forum Fanny 

iam not a troll or a forum fanny so get back in your cage mmmmmmm lollol

Traditional Northumberland weather for tonight, sunny blue skies and temperature in the 20's and just a light breeze, perfect for speedway. Time for people to get off the beaches and get into town  :lol:

2 minutes ago, jrs said:

Traditional Northumberland weather for tonight, sunny blue skies and temperature in the 20's and just a light breeze, perfect for speedway. Time for people to get off the beaches and get into town  :lol:

Bowser filled up and ready to go I hope 

• Like 1

Still need a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

5 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

After last night you could have shortened your post to "is there anyone going to this meeting"

if Spud and Doolan still here next week then after 45 years of watching the Bandits that’s me finished. Spud has to be the worst No1 we have ever had wearing a heat leaders jacket