British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh V Berwick & Berwick V Edinburgh KOC QF

Berwick 11 Edinburgh 13 after 4

is there a water shortage in Berwick?

• Like 1

There’s a shortage of riders who know where the black and white flag is. When you’re Number 1 cannot take the chequered flag once, there’s only one word to describe it. 

Edited by havenagotahope

Fairly predictable elimination from the KOC so congratulations to Edinburgh. The meeting itself was largely uneventful with virtually no passing, amazing that Berwick won this meeting with only five race winners all night.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to former promoter John Anderson who has been in the wars recently.

1 hour ago, havenagotahope said:

if Spud and Doolan still here next week then after 45 years of watching the Bandits that’s me finished. Spud has to be the worst No1 we have ever had wearing a heat leaders jacket 

I`m quite happy to see changes if its for the better but can you honestly see changes at Berwick, especially the two riders you name. Don`t forget Aaron Summers is our No1 and has been since the start of the season so surely you could ask why hasen`t any of the other riders stepped up to challenge Aaron for his race jacket, maybe the weakness lies there but in all honesty I can`t see any changes happening for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Why was there no water put on during meeting ? very dusty,will Doolan moving to number 1 make any difference probably not the tie was lost last night with that dismal performance at Armadale another very short season can see the crowds dwindling away.

24 minutes ago, Figureof8heed said:

That was utter guff. 15 races, nothing happened. 

CRAP CRAP CRAP

The difference between these 2 teams are Monarchs have 2heat leaders 3 2nd strings and 2reserves,Bandits have 4 2nd strings and 3 reserves.Poor track tonight IMO ,good crowd though.

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Kevin Doolan moves to No 1 tonight at midnight! 

No Heat 8 benefit race for him(at home anyway) for a month.;)

Probably the biggest crowd of the season for what was one of the poorest meetings  of the season, overall result was a foregone conclusion after Friday night , can't say that there are any heats that will live long in the memory or that are likely to make it onto the end of season highlights reel , struggling to find a positive from the meeting TBH 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cornhillcowboy24 said:

maybe beat last night but sill the best team in scotland  and to night will prove why so get behind the lads berwick fans  mmmmmmmvery nice

if i was you , i would write my  name , address and contact number and put it on a string around my neck , because you obviously dont know where you live !  mmmmmmm lolololol

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Probably the biggest crowd of the season for what was one of the poorest meetings  of the season, overall result was a foregone conclusion after Friday night , can't say that there are any heats that will live long in the memory or that are likely to make it onto the end of season highlights reel , struggling to find a positive from the meeting TBH 

Being honest spent approx £80  between travelling and admission this weekend and saw an absolute load of dross (not really interested in results these days but entertainment value was poor).Think I will be spending my money elsewhere next season.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Being honest spent approx £80  between travelling and admission this weekend and saw an absolute load of dross (not really interested in results these days but entertainment value was poor).Think I will be spending my money elsewhere next season.

You won’t be the only one people want to be entertained we have this debate every season and are told we have to build a team within our resources well I for one won’t be back along with many others so there go your resources no entertainment or effort by the team equals no resources period