British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh V Berwick & Berwick V Edinburgh KOC QF

wel bandits out of the cup  but may be  with a bit of luck berwick fans can get gold today and win the 4s at redcar  so lets get behind the lads  

13 hours ago, havenagotahope said:

if Spud and Doolan still here next week then after 45 years of watching the Bandits that’s me finished. Spud has to be the worst No1 we have ever had wearing a heat leaders jacket 

So you want rid of Spud and Doolan, who would you suggest as replacements?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, havenagotahope said:

You won’t be the only one people want to be entertained we have this debate every season and are told we have to build a team within our resources well I for one won’t be back along with many others so there go your resources no entertainment or effort by the team equals no resources period 

So home league wins against, lakeside, Ipswich, Sheffield, Newcastle and Redcar , and now all of a sudden we’re a bad team, ?

real fans support there club through thick and thin 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cornhillcowboy24 said:

wel bandits out of the cup  but may be  with a bit of luck berwick fans can get gold today and win the 4s at redcar  so lets get behind the lads  

Keyboard clown

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, penchev said:

So home league wins against, lakeside, Ipswich, Sheffield, Newcastle and Redcar , and now all of a sudden we’re a bad team, ?

Let’s see where we finish in the league 

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Being honest spent approx £80  between travelling and admission this weekend and saw an absolute load of dross (not really interested in results these days but entertainment value was poor).Think I will be spending my money elsewhere next season.

Can see what you mean spent over £80 on both nights there was better racing on the Friday night, but unfortunately it was all done by the Edinburgh riders and the track staff there watered the track,, the most entertaining rider over both nights IMO was Josh Pickering reminds me of Ben Barker, well done Edinburgh having knocked out your two nearest and dearest teams hope you win it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penchev said:

Entertainment matters though,not results.( in my case).Im there so I am supporting the club.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, havenagotahope said:

Let’s see where we finish in the league 

Yes let’s see , but remember before the season started the pundits wrote us of completely 

Congratulations once again the BBSC who have stepped in to help out David Howe and NB Jacobsen with cheques for £500 each to help them with repair bills so they can continue to race for Berwick. Sadly it seems the presentation wasn't done from the centre green as it should have been.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, emilali said:

Think that result just emphasises whats wrong with Berwick. A lackadaisical effort when they really needed to turn up. That Berwick team has riders that have been going to Armadale for years so to go and perform like that is extremely poor. If this had been an Edinburgh side that performed like that I’m sure their promotion would have got torn into them, the Berwick lot probs took them down the pub for a laugh and carry on whilst writing the match preview for saturday night telling everyone how the Bandits are ready to thrill the fans with every turn of the wheel. Bring it on. 

Quote, "Back on track for the league title".

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Entertainment matters though,not results.( in my case).Im there so I am supporting the club.

Totally agree about being entertained, for the most I have not been entertained this season.  I gave Saturday a miss that is the 4th meeting I have missed so far this season and by all accounts I have chosen not to attend the least entertaining meetings, luck or judgement I will leave it up to you all.  

Just my 2p worth...... I have been a supporter since I was a child and am now a pensioner

I attend every Berwick v Edinburgh meeting to support my team and I love the stadium and being so close to the track

The track tho'.......... in almost every race you can mark your programme after bend 2...... that is not Speedway!

Rip the track up this winter and start again from the bottom with different material that gives the riders the grip to pass.... just a thought.......

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Just my 2p worth...... I have been a supporter since I was a child and am now a pensioner

I attend every Berwick v Edinburgh meeting to support my team and I love the stadium and being so close to the track

The track tho'.......... in almost every race you can mark your programme after bend 2...... that is not Speedway!

Rip the track up this winter and start again from the bottom with different material that gives the riders the grip to pass.... just a thought.......

The track situation comes up every season,IMO it's just too fast now,Personaly I would take away the banking on the 3rd / 4th bend to slow them down a bit,the bikes ,silencers ,dirt on track has all been discussed many times ,but certainly as entertainment value it is decreasing every season IMO .Mark your programme after the back straight and you won't have many changes.( tin hat on).It is one of the best Stadiums in the league we need a track too match though.

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The track situation comes up every season,IMO it's just too fast now,Personaly I would take away the banking on the 3rd / 4th bend to slow them down a bit,the bikes ,silencers ,dirt on track has all been discussed many times ,but certainly as entertainment value it is decreasing every season IMO .Mark your programme after the back straight and you won't have many changes.( tin hat on).It is one of the best Stadiums in the league we need a track too match though.

I have sympathy for the Berwick Promotion, inasmuch that they appear to be severely restricted in reshaping the track within the  present confines of Shielfield.

Before the bikes became super-fast, imo, you used witness more opportunities for passing after bend 2 of the first lap.

Must admit having watched the 2nd leg of the KO Cup on 30/6, it was one of the most boring meetings I have attended in the 55 years I have been following Speedway

• Like 2