British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh V Berwick & Berwick V Edinburgh KOC QF

22 minutes ago, cyclone said:

I have sympathy for the Berwick Promotion, inasmuch that they appear to be severely restricted in reshaping the track within the  present confines of Shielfield.

Before the bikes became super-fast, imo, you used witness more opportunities for passing after bend 2 of the first lap.

Must admit having watched the 2nd leg of the KO Cup on 30/6, it was one of the most boring meetings I have attended in the 55 years I have been following Speedway

Reshaping the track would also make big difference,but unfortunately we all know that won't be possible with the present Football Club in charge.

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Reshaping the track would also make big difference,but unfortunately we all know that won't be possible with the present Football Club in charge.

Berwick Rangers pitch according to their website is 110 x 70 yards, pitches have to be a minimum of 100 x 50 so well over the limit. Think we are all used to the fact that pitch will never be reduced so what we have as a track will remain the same. I would like to see starting gate back where it was years ago in front of the tunnel,  giving a longer run up into the 1st bend and cutting down on first bend bunching. I agree Saturday night wasn't the best of meetings with little or no passing but the solution is difficult to find. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

It may not solely be down to the track shape though?

It is not solely down to track shape as has been explained in other posts.!

50 minutes ago, Normski said:

Berwick Rangers pitch according to their website is 110 x 70 yards, pitches have to be a minimum of 100 x 50 so well over the limit. Think we are all used to the fact that pitch will never be reduced so what we have as a track will remain the same. I would like to see starting gate back where it was years ago in front of the tunnel,  giving a longer run up into the 1st bend and cutting down on first bend bunching. I agree Saturday night wasn't the best of meetings with little or no passing but the solution is difficult to find. 

Why did we move the start gate,memory failing me.?

some of the decisions they make might be a good idea to put them in the hospitality box lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Normski said:

some of the decisions they make might be a good idea to put them in the hospitality box lol

some of the decisions they make suggest they have been in hospitality!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• All we need is to a Bandits fan to win silly money on the Euro lottery and build the Wee Rangers a new stadium so they can add another 6' to width of the track :rofl:

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:
  • All we need is to a Bandits fan to win silly money on the Euro lottery and build the Wee Rangers a new stadium so they can add another 6' to width of the track :rofl:

There was talk of a new stadium for Berwick Rangers near Tesco at East Ord, which the town needs desperately, however just like NCC's plans to develop the sports centre, neither will happen. The town is f@cked. 

image.jpg

Edited by Figureof8heed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Figureof8heed said:

There was talk of a new stadium for Berwick Rangers near Tesco at East Ord, which the town needs desperately, however just like NCC's plans to develop the sports centre, neither will happen. The town is f@cked. 

image.jpg

Yeah I remember that