British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Eagles v Brummies 30th JUNE NL

6 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

It is not a trick track. If you ever wanted to see a trick track - try Mildenhall for starters.

having watched eagles for nearly twenty years and now fen tigers for over ten I can honestly say there are plenty of passing lines at mildy whereas eastbourne is a gate and go with not so many opportunities and very tricky to ride being so tight...so I don't think you'll win that argument rich !   very tricky to beat Eastbourne on an aggregate basis, as the record shows

• Like 1

Hard to get condition right, hot but windy evening. Brum gated v well but eastbourne made hardly any errors. The best race was ht15 when wood screamed past bacon,brennan then steamed up the inner going into lap4, bacon predictably binned it and the ref made the wrong decision.

both sides have good and bad points in each side, eastie cant cover for powell away if hes out for long. Brum are just stuffed in the bottom end

1 hour ago, AntiqueSteve said:

having watched eagles for nearly twenty years and now fen tigers for over ten I can honestly say there are plenty of passing lines at mildy whereas eastbourne is a gate and go with not so many opportunities and very tricky to ride being so tight...so I don't think you'll win that argument rich !   very tricky to beat Eastbourne on an aggregate basis, as the record shows

You can pass inside and out at Arlington-as riders do: both home and away.

Mildenhall is more of a circle and much more tricky for away riders.

8 hours ago, GWC said:

Mildenhall is or was a fast full throttle track and has produced terrific racing don’t recall it being tricky.

Eastbourne is difficult for inexperienced riders as they have to turn sharply and keep the gas on otherwise they wobble or fall.

The grippy conditions also have an effect and you tend to get strung out races unfortunately.

Mildenhall being a full throttle track is the problem with West Row. Flat out speed doesn't;t lead to amazing racing

Poor meeting tonight on a slick and dusty track, although the closeness of the scores kept it interesting. There was a couple of decent races later in the meeting, but overall not a lot to get excited about.

20 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Think brummies will win by 6.

Won’t be taking betting tips from you lol

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Mildenhall being a full throttle track is the problem with West Row. Flat out speed doesn't;t lead to amazing racing

People who go to Belle Vue or Peterborough would probably disagree with that.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

People who go to Belle Vue or Peterborough would probably disagree with that.

In their own way, both those are "trick tracks" too, especially at NL level (accepting EoES is Championship). The Colts have huge home advantage because of their home track

8 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Won’t be taking betting tips from you lol

Probably best... :)

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

In their own way, both those are "trick tracks" too, especially at NL level (accepting EoES is Championship). The Colts have huge home advantage because of their home track

Like against Birmingham last week.

26 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Like against Birmingham last week.

The exception that proves the rule

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I guess you could say that any circuit can be a trick track if the home riders are far more familiar with it than the visitors....Eastbourne will have been massively advantageous when they first dropped down as very few away riders knew too much about it. Same with Lakeside last year and as you say Belle Vue too. I guess anything out if the ordinary ie particularly big and fast or particularly small and tight would offer that extra bit if 'trickiness' too. I remember at Lynn 10-15 years ago in the second division we used to batter teams more often than not because of the surface more than anything, away riders would come with no idea how to turn the bike in fairly grippy conditions whereas riders like Topinka, Parker, Madsen, Brundle, Doolan, Allen, Oliver etc had done thousands of laps there and it was like a second nature.

I'd say that hone track advantage can be magnified at NL level as many of the riders are so inexperienced.

• Like 1

Mildenhalls small but rides like a big track cause you don't have turn the bike so hard.

As an East Anglian I prefer watching speedway at Mildenhall than both Ipswich and King's Lynn!

Eastbourne is a trick track cause you have to turn your bike hard and can't drift to wide cause you son run out of room. This gives a big advantage in the NL with inexperienced riders who find turning hard while trying to go fast often difficult!

Not true at all, proved by Jake Knight last few seasons and many of riders prove it. Its all about throttling into the corner and throwing the bike in at same time. But have never seen anyone do it as good as Tom Brennan does in corners 1 & 2

Used to go to Mildenhall regularly during their most recent PL stint, saw some fantastic racing during those few seasons. Have only been once or twice since as NL speedway has never really been my cup of tea but it's a fantastic little setting for some Sunday afternoon speedway.

• Like 2