British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

apology to workington speedway .

35 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Looks like you been done up like a kipper jenga.   

An example of why there's been such a breakdown in respect between fans and promotion/s? :(

7 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

An example of why there's been such a breakdown in respect between fans and promotion/s? :(

Poor decision by Promotion to single out an individual IMO.Maybe an article saying they are Disapointed with comments would have been enough.Certain Promotions make remarks in their programmes regarding forums but they are entitled to,but it could be taken as as bit underhand but it's their way of telling you who is running the show lump it or leave it.Fair enough, if fans take offence they may stay at home,that's the chance they take.

• Like 2

but jengas a numpty.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Poor decision by Promotion to single out an individual IMO.Maybe an article saying they are Disapointed with comments would have been enough.Certain Promotions make remarks in their programmes regarding forums but they are entitled to,but it could be taken as as bit underhand but it's their way of telling you who is running the show lump it or leave it.Fair enough, if fans take offence they may stay at home,that's the chance they take.

Did you actually read what the comments were ? They weren't singling anyone out as no-one else makes personal comments like that !

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, Taylorj said:

:rolleyes: This thread should have been put up and then locked . 4 pages of tripe , folk sticking their 2 penneth in for whats its worth . Jenga is like Marmite ....but posting personal comments you have to be prepared for the consequences. It's a Forum everyone has opinions but when people are naming and hurling personal comments towards them , a step too far.

Apology made...lets hope we don't have another 4 pages of it 

You're right about this thread (like many others) degenerating into a personal abuse session but a discussion about the way a promotion has treated a fan is both fully  justifiable and highly relevant.

The simple fact is that far too often promotions treat their paying customers as simpletons, ignoramuses or fools and then have the gall to complain about poor attendances seemingly without any consideration that the two might actually be linked.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

The simple fact is that far too often promotions treat their paying customers as simpletons, ignoramuses or fools and then have the gall to complain about poor attendances seemingly without any consideration that the two might actually be linked.

There is an old saying that you should treat others as you would like them to treat you. Maybe that is a lesson that Workington promotion could benefit by taking to heart. It is definitely something that Jenga should think about.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2018 at 8:16 AM, Daytripper said:

There is an old saying that you should treat others as you would like them to treat you. Maybe that is a lesson that Workington promotion could benefit by taking to heart. It is definitely something that Jenga should think about.

• Haha 1

Is the outcome now known? Has Jenga been allowed to return as a paying spectator?

He was indeed at speedway last night I saw a hand shake between him and Steve.   IMO... issue closed!!

Edited by shazza13
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, shazza13 said:

He was indeed at speedway last night I saw a hand shake between him and Steve.   IMO... issue closed!!

ya wee spy , ya .  maybe MORE TO FOLLOW .. LOL 

3 hours ago, shazza13 said:

Hardly likely, this is gonna drag on longer than brexit

• Like 1

hi , i would like to thank Workington speedway for allowing me to continue my support for my local team . . no promoters or fans have been harmed in this thread .  we will have all learned a thing or two and that we need each other in order  to survive .

i thank  supporters from other tracks for their input . some good and some bad . also the number of pm,s that i had . . did not think i was that popular !

i thank you all J .

• Like 4