British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Mildenhall v Kent and Isle of Wight NL 1-7-18

Was really looking forward to the double header on a predicted beautiful day in Mildenhall on Sunday until i saw the price that is !

I know they have to pay the riders for 2 meetings but IMO National league speedway should really only be a £10 sport anyway but at £13 normal price I'm able to reasonably accept it .

However , the double header at £22 for adults and £20 concessions seems rather  overpriced to me , i would have thought maybe £18 at the very most would have been an acceptable price , after all the supporters didn't ask for 2 meetings on the same day , then of course the age old question of away fans only wanting to watch 1 meeting comes up ? For adults to save £4 and concessions all of £2 on the standard admissions to me is taking the P**s and a bit derogatory.

Anyway rant over 

Hope everyone stays safe in these 2 meetings in from what we've seen so far this season should hopefully be 2 comfortable home wins for the Tigers.and another 6 league points on the board.

They've probably priced themselves out of my attendance though . Hope everyone that goes enjoys !

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

I'm sure last year's double header was £18, but i think the fen tigers have had a hefty rent increase this year.

The simple arithmetic makes £22 agreeable as it gives each meeting an £11 cost  ie  reasonable.  HOWEVER, the unfairness comes for

visiting fans who only want to see one match.  THEY are being ripped off big time.  Can the Mildenhall management not find a fair solution

to this big problem ?

Not so bad for the Kent fans if Morley was riding but he's not, (nor is Bowtell), so no reason for Kent supporters to hang around & watch IOW,  makes for a REALLY expensive day out.

We are still looking for a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

Is there any further updates on Sam Bebee anywhere?

Scratch that just seen he has a broken arm. Sad times. Wasn't there but was he another victim of the armco behind the air fence?

Edited by Sings4Speedway

10 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Scratch that just seen he has a broken arm. Sad times. Wasn't there but was he another victim of the armco behind the air fence?

It could be argued yes, but the speed and angle he hit the fence would have been a hospital job what ever fence was there. Was pretty sketchy, one of those crashes that suck the life out the stadium.

10 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No he wasn't.Gutted for him as he has done a sterling job at number 2.Fingers crossed he's back soon.Was a nasty looking crash where they just seem to all tangle together.Bailey will miss Saturday due to concussion

Great to see such a big crowd.They did really well to keep the dust down as long as they did.Was incredibly hot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teaboy279 said:

It could be argued yes, but the speed and angle he hit the fence would have been a hospital job what ever fence was there. Was pretty sketchy, one of those crashes that suck the life out the stadium.

Looked to me that he was hit by a bike mate from the view I had.

1 minute ago, adz_mft said:

Looked to me that he was hit by a bike mate from the view I had.

Obviously we through the air fence, I clearly saw Sam heading fencewards fast, and into to the path of Campos and Bailey. Next thing bikes and riders a going all directions not overly sure who hit what.

All started with the smallest of touches from the dirt deflector to Sam's foot just as they were tipping into b1. Said to a couple of people trackside, that actually a bigger initial impact would of caused less carnage.

4 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Obviously we through the air fence, I clearly saw Sam heading fencewards fast, and into to the path of Campos and Bailey. Next thing bikes and riders a going all directions not overly sure who hit what.

All started with the smallest of touches from the dirt deflector to Sam's foot just as they were tipping into b1. Said to a couple of people trackside, that actually a bigger initial impact would of caused less carnage.

As soon as they locked up you knew it was going to be bad.Real shame as it had been a good day.

Best wishes to sam hopefully not another injury victim on the scale of Roynons injury struck career 

Get well soon Josh and Sam. Sam Bebee has had far too many injuries for his age, let's hope he can come back and get a clear run with some luck for the rest of the season. His courage is clearly of the highest level.