British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 4/7/18

Any snippets or rumours knocking  around last night on what might happen with Nichols or Harris ??

Nobody seemed to know up to last night if they would keep their last RH GSA or with their results cancelled, would they get a Champ 1.3 downward conv which  certainly makes Nichols more attractive than Harris who would still be on his similar Prem GSA.

I mention it as the lower they are the more attractive they become. Both ride Poole well and both could (or already are) be considered for Poole if Matt does decide to replace a rider or redeclare ??.

Not an easy one after last night as Josh picked up but as we know Poole have been hellishly inconsistent this  season and would not get carried away as we saw after KL how things could swing back again downwards.

41 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

You are obviously trolling the thread as you still have nothing but hearsay to back up your comments.

Not hearsay I expect like the rest of he has seen it with his own eyes and heard it with his ears.

jus typical of Belle Vue fans to play the we are holier than thou card.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Who did then?

foreverblue 

34 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Nicki Pedersen recieve a huge cheer at Cardiff when he slid off years ago in front of a banner "taxi for Pedersen"? 

Rightly or wrongly it happens at all tracks and will continue to do so. I highly doubt any true fan wishes to see a rider hurt and will more often than not applaud a fallen rider for clearing the track or getting up after a nasty spill. A great example for both situations being drozdz last night. 

My point exactly. Apparently only Aces fans don’t boo. :rofl: comedy gold.

• Haha 1

Usual BSF merry go round. 

I’ll leave it at this. 

There is a video showing Poole fans cheer a fallen rider. 

Fact not opinion. 

There isn't a video showing Aces fans cheer a fallen rider. 

Fact not opinion. 

I’m happy to except that club allegiances sees fans disregard the facts in favour of their own preferred reality but the facts remain. 

End.  

44 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Any snippets or rumours knocking  around last night on what might happen with Nichols or Harris ??

Nobody seemed to know up to last night if they would keep their last RH GSA or with their results cancelled, would they get a Champ 1.3 downward conv which  certainly makes Nichols more attractive than Harris who would still be on his similar Prem GSA.

I mention it as the lower they are the more attractive they become. Both ride Poole well and both could (or already are) be considered for Poole if Matt does decide to replace a rider or redeclare ??.

Not an easy one after last night as Josh picked up but as we know Poole have been hellishly inconsistent this  season and would not get carried away as we saw after KL how things could swing back again downwards.

Can't see how they would get a converted CL average, when they have both a 2017 & 2018 average.

Just a thought but did cookie throw his teddy out of the cot because he had ridden a great race up to then and in my and other poole fans with me thought he would get the win as he was very fast and was very frustrated to come off we were not impressed with the boos and made our feelings heard 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gimli27 said:

Just a thought but did cookie throw his teddy out of the cot because he had ridden a great race up to then and in my and other poole fans with me thought he would get the win as he was very fast and was very frustrated to come off we were not impressed with the boos and made our feelings heard 

I think Craig would have possible got Linus as well great race Craig was unlucky hardly any passing all night just my opinion 

3 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Just watched the video and the cheer when he piled into the fence at top speed was a cheer wolves fans would be proud of!

No wonder he was injured in the smash.

I think it was the cheer when he crashed rather than the stick he got after he thankfully got up and walked away.

See not only wolves fans as you keep suggesting plus your fans are not angels either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Yawn, lol!

Back to your default setting of attacking Belle Vue with nothing to back it up. Just post a video of Aces fans cheering loudly when a rider crashes, you can't because there isn't one. 

What the worst disgusting language I've heard at speedway since Cradley days was aimed at Tai woffinden at Belle Vue in 2016 final effing and c ing so dont come the innocent on here 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Over your childish strop yet Craig?

What on earth does an oppo rider expect when he throws his toys out of his pram in front of the home crowd? It was comedy gold:rofl:

the crowd could see he wasn’thurt as it was a simple slide off and he got straight up. 

Didn't Stefan get a bit of grip & hit the fence. As he has stated, 9 times out of 10 he would have got up & walked away.

mark lemon is quoted as saying there were some poor decisions made at belle vues expense last night ,the ref was kept busy but i thought they were all straightforward  calls, did i miss something?

56 minutes ago, ouch said:

foreverblue 

No I did not you said in your typical trolling style.

Poor response from Craig as he knew where he was.

Regular occurrence there as they are not really speedway people, they just like to see Poole win whether it’s  tiddly winks, bridge or speedway

Edited by foreverblue

50 minutes ago, ouch said:

Usual BSF merry go round. 

I’ll leave it at this. 

There is a video showing Poole fans cheer a fallen rider. 

Fact not opinion. 

There isn't a video showing Aces fans cheer a fallen rider. 

Fact not opinion. 

I’m happy to except that club allegiances sees fans disregard the facts in favour of their own preferred reality but the facts remain. 

End.  

You mean there is a video of someone in blue clapping as Cook got up as he was pleased he wasn't injured.