British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 4/7/18

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Typical of Belle Vue fans ?

Every team as idiots following them 

Yes true . I meant typical of certain posters on here playing the holier than thou card. I didn't mean reasonable people like yourself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poole keith said:

mark lemon is quoted as saying there were some poor decisions made at belle vues expense last night ,the ref was kept busy but i thought they were all straightforward  calls, did i miss something?

The ref did. Cooks monster roller the whole stadium saw. Except the ref. Lemon should keep his trap shut. Pirates should have had 60 last night.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The ref did. Cooks monster roller the whole stadium saw. Except the ref. Lemon should keep his trap shut. Pirates should have had 60 last night.

Some forget that Cook gets away with plenty of rollers compared to the amount he gets caught out.

Hans Anderson also gets away but he seems to have subtly mastered it most times and suppose it all comes down to exact timing. Human reaction time I suppose but some are a bit more blatant. I am sure I saw Sargeant doing it a lot on Sky a few years ago and was even mentioned by Pearson/Tatum. Good when it works but don't complain when you get caught out, get a handicap or hit the tapes.

In his defence last night he did brilliantly to take Jacobsen off 15 metres and I felt he may well have also caught Sundstrom had he stayed up or at least given him a major scare on the last corner.  But then again he may well have got away with a flyer/roller as no tape in front of him ;)

From what i have seen of Cook in interviews etc he can be pretty intense and takes team losses personally. I am sure he would also have been frustrated that having ridden brilliantly to get so close to a win off the handicap he then blew it by sliding off into the fence. Fortunately only his pride dented and he will fight to ride another day. Wouldn't have affected the result anyway and as Steve said he got away with a monstor roller in one ride so things have a habit sometimes of evening themselves out.

• Like 1

Can't believe Phil the Ace got banned for his post. I think it was because of his(starmans) snide remarks about BV in general that Phil took offence to.We have had comments about the track ( it needs 10m taking off the bends ) to daft comments about the size of the crowd and silly oop North remarks.When he posted about his illness a lot BV fans sent him best wishes for his recovery.He wants to think before he posts,even pirates fans like ray c have disagreed with him lately.If you post in a controversial and insulting manner expect some stick back and don't go crying to the mods.

• Like 3

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STICKING UP FOR PHIL THE ACE.

CHECK HIS TWEETS OUT!

The guy should have died mo the ago after his brain hemorage. He's a tool. He's a Poole fan Mark. Spouts rubbish and just gets into arguments all the time

Retweet

Edited by Eric
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

CHECK HIS TWEETS OUT!

The guy should have died mo the ago after his brain hemorage. He's a tool. He's a Poole fan Mark. Spouts rubbish and just gets into arguments all the time

Retweet

Bloody shocking if he posted that crap :mad:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I don't condone theseTwitter tweets they are cheap and nasty.But I stand by what I posted about starmans digs at BV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Unless i missed something else, he wrote that you were an idiot before you illness and were an idiot after, or words close to that ?

Granted it's an insult, but come on, it's just saying he thinks you're an idiot.  Just because the word illness is brought in doesn't change the sentiment - if anything it says you've made such a positive recovery that you're the same person as you were before on here..  

I broke my back years ago and was nearly paralysed - i'm sure people thought i was dick before and am still a dick after..i'd never use an injury or an illness as some kind of crutch to lean on tho - if people are going to put their medical conditions or personal information out in the public domain, you've got to surely expect that sometimes they will be used against you when some mud slinging begins.  You're clearly well enough to be posting here and getting yourself into these scrapes again, so that's a good thing healthwise - not sure why it needs to be used as some kind of defence mechanism when threads/comments  start to go against you.

Phil could have called Starman an idiot and left it at that. Phil didn't. Phil decided to bring up Starman's illness which was uncalled for. 

BSF stepped in and showed Phillip a red card and rightly so. No place on here for people like Phillip Mullard. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Eric said:

CHECK HIS TWEETS OUT!

Retweet

That one is disgusting, however angry someone makes him he should know better than to post anything like that, hang your head in shame fella.

• Like 3

The patronizing "oop north" comment just about sums up why any serious speedway debate with Starman is futile ,

Having said that,

i would never wish such a serious illness on anyone , hope he makes complete recovery  

Just thought I would share a few extra's.

Edited by Eric

17 minutes ago, Eric said:

Just thought I would share a few extra's.

I've never used ignore before...What a plank.

• Like 3