British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 4/7/18

I've been asked by Phil the ace to post an apology 

Once his suspension is up he will do it himself to starman

I stuck up for Starman2006 when people were siding with Phil. I was alerted to Phil's comments on twitter. So I posted those tweets for 3 reasons.

1. To give Starman a break from having to defend himself against the select group of people who were siding with Phil. 

2. I wanted to show the select group of people who were defending Phil's earlier comments about Starman's illness to make them realise that Phil mentioned the illness deliberately as part of an attacking reply to Starman.

3. I felt the need to step in personally as I felt very uncomfortable with people sticking up for PhilTheAce because I knew about the tweets Phil posted about Starman on twitter.

Anyway case closed now. Best wishes to Starman. 

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

I stuck up for Starman2006 when people were siding with Phil. I was alerted to Phil's comments on twitter. So I posted those tweets for 3 reasons.

1. To give Starman a break from having to defend himself against the select group of people who were siding with Phil. 

2. I wanted to show the select group of people who were defending Phil's earlier comments about Starman's illness to make them realise that Phil mentioned the illness deliberately as part of an attacking reply to Starman.

3. I felt the need to step in personally as I felt very uncomfortable with people sticking up for PhilTheAce because I knew about the tweets Phil posted about Starman on twitter.

Who are you, the BSF police?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

As one of those who replied about this, i will say his tweets don't make nice reading at all, but my original comments about the clash on here still stand.  

Daft for it to have escalated imo. 

I will also say i don't know Phil at all before anyone thinks im sticking up for him blindy.

• Like 1

To suggest “you reap what you sow” in relation to Steve Worralls or any other Aces injury just turns my stomach. It is in no way justified, irrespective of what any Belle Vue fan has posted on this forum. The struggles he and his young family have had to endure cannot be compared to some twit for tat comments on a speedway forum, you are an utter disgrace of a man. You seem in good company when I look at your supporters, not speedway fans, just low life’s with no moral compass and that unfortunately includes the mods

• Like 2

@Phil The Ace put on Facebook :

"Getting alot of stick for my behaviour towards starman over on BSF apparently. And rightly so. I apologise to him and anyone else I offended. If anyone's on there fan they please put on my apology. As I have been banned from there"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

"Getting alot of stick for my behaviour towards starman over on BSF apparently. And rightly so. I apologise to him and anyone else I offended. If anyone's on there fan they please put on my apology. As I have been banned from there"

Fair play. Now we can all move on. Water under the bridge now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eric said:

Fair play. Now we can all move on. Water under the bridge now.

Im pleased to see this , yes we can move on. We all stick up for our clubs and rightly so, sometimes some might go a little to far in that respect.
But we, all the fans now have our own fight, we all need to come together for the good of british speedway in this country, im probably like all of us not liking whats going on at the top, and im affraid this has got to change, there needs to be a big shake up in the management committee positions,  Somebody a KL fan on the Chapman thread kindly put up what he and  we all probably think,
Love him or loath him from a Poole point of view, we now have the posibillity of Matt ford walking away from British speedway, and that doesnt sit good with me, yes there are other problems in british speedway, but the root of the problem imo is at the top, and this needs to change. Somebody i gather mentioned starting up a petition to stop Matt from walking away, i totally agree with that, i also feel very strongly, that changes should be made at the top of the management comittee...

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

What we need at the top of the sport are people who can look beyond the interests of their own club and see what is required for the good of every club. The problem is whether such a person, or group of people, exist within the BSPA. They must be able to put aside self interest and have the vision and ability to solve the many issues that have brought about the current situation.

I see Matt Ford as someone who has always put the interests of Poole first and sometimes to the detriment of the sport as a whole, so I certainly don't see him as the person we now need. 

• Like 4

When Matt first was on the committee he want things better for the overall picture.

He got shafted quite early which in turn made him think Poole first.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rob B said:

Terrific apology that. 

Still waiting on an apology from Starman2006 for his “you reap what you sow” comment about fallen/injured riders. 

Won’t hold my breath though. It seems if you have a blue & white badge in your car you can come out with any vile comment without reproach. 

Sad times. 

• Like 5

Must admit don't understand this defending our clubs no matter what from some users.

I'm one of the first to criticise the club's I'm involved with when things aren't right. But will defend when accusations are untrue, and some of the things Poole are accused of is astonishing to say the least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Im pleased to see this , yes we can move on. We all stick up for our clubs and rightly so, sometimes some might go a little to far in that respect.
But we, all the fans now have our own fight, we all need to come together for the good of british speedway in this country, im probably like all of us not liking whats going on at the top, and im affraid this has got to change, there needs to be a big shake up in the management committee positions,  Somebody a KL fan on the Chapman thread kindly put up what he and  we all probably think,
Love him or loath him from a Poole point of view, we now have the posibillity of Matt ford walking away from British speedway, and that doesnt sit good with me, yes there are other problems in british speedway, but the root of the problem imo is at the top, and this needs to change. Somebody i gather mentioned starting up a petition to stop Matt from walking away, i totally agree with that, i also feel very strongly, that changes should be made at the top of the management comittee...

I don’t either love or loath MF and he must do as he sees fit for his own future, whilst ensuring the best interests of Poole Speedway is not compromised. I fully agree that the structure of UK Speedway needs a complete overhaul with totally independent oversight and regulation of each and every element of the sport including the “promoters”. I think we’ve all had enough of the antics of the BSPA and it’s “self licking lollipop” approach to the way the sport is run in the UK. It’s long overdue for a major restructure!!!!

All this talk regarding the future of speedway should not be on this thread, the mods should move it to the cooect one which could get a larger readership.

8 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

All this talk regarding the future of speedway should not be on this thread, the mods should move it to the cooect one which could get a larger readership.

The tangent only came about following the mudslinging and subsequent apologies, you managed to find it ok.  Larger readership will just lead to another spat once the usual suspects get stuck in.