British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 4/7/18

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Great idea , and 100% agree.

Time for a change at the top of British speedway

I'm convinced if Matt Ford was chair person British speedway wouldn't be in this mess

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I'm convinced if Matt Ford was chair person British speedway wouldn't be in this mess

Me too - it would be in a worse state (but Poole would be OK) :rolleyes:

It needs someone not connected to any club (now or in the past)

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

if we could find someone outside of speedway, it's certainly worth a try

2 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Great idea , and 100% agree.

Time for a change at the top of British speedway 

Who would replace the current MC?

More of the same surely?

All established Promoters got a chance to vote on the proposals...

Those without a vote still got the chance to decide whether to run or not with the cards they were dealt..

Running on two of the worst nights of the week for the entertainment business was always going to be a bad idea, especially bad for those giving up two of the best nights you can entice punters out of their armchairs in Friday and Saturday..

Then changing it to three nights, with one night of the three meaning you must play second fiddle to Denmark, just compounded a bad idea to ludicrous levels..

Cannot blame just the Chair and Vice Chair given the fact the majority followed this blindly...

Which is doubly ironic considering they ended up following a plan that a blind man could have seen was wholly unfit for purpose....

If collectively the BSPA thought that this was the way forward for the Sport then changing the people at the top won't resolve too much I would suggest....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Who would replace the current MC?

More of the same surely?

All established Promoters got a chance to vote on the proposals...

Those without a vote still got the chance to decide whether to run or not with the cards they were dealt..

Running on two of the worst nights of the week for the entertainment business was always going to be a bad idea, especially bad for those giving up two of the best nights you can entice punters out of their armchairs in Friday and Saturday..

Then changing it to three nights, with one night of the three meaning you must play second fiddle to Denmark, just compounded a bad idea to ludicrous levels..

Cannot blame just the Chair and Vice Chair given the fact the majority followed this blindly...

Which is doubly ironic considering they ended up following a plan that a blind man could have seen was wholly unfit for purpose....

If collectively the BSPA thought that this was the way forward for the Sport then changing the people at the top won't resolve too much I would suggest....

So whats the answer ? I still say we need fresh blood at the top.

The time as come for all the promoters to think of the sport, instead of themselves/their team. There's probably some that will never will, if not all.. If not it's doomed. New blood if come from another promotion, wouldn't mean that much.Needs to be run by an independent  body. TBH Buster or anyone taking his place don't seem to be much more than a mouth piece.

14 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Name someone then? Who would/could take it on and why would they?

14 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

So whats the answer ? I still say we need fresh blood at the top.

The answer?

A 100% overhaul for an unfit for purpose organisation....

A root and branch enquiry as to why the Sport is going down the plug hole with clear recommendations as to how it can be saved..

An independent Chairperson free of all vested interest, with a main board made up of marketing and advertising people,  finance and operational experts, who all have a similar lack of possible bias to any team...

Allied to a "thinktank" of experienced Speedway people who can explain the Sports nuances to the independent body which ensures Speedway's 'uniqueness' is recognised but also that any operating model still delivers both the credibility and integrity needed that befits a Professional Team Sport..

In other words...

Not A Cat in Hells Chance!...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

The answer?

A root and branch enquiry as to why the Sport is going down the plug hole with clear recommendations as to how it can be saved..

An independent Chairperson free of all vested interest, with a main board made up of marketing and advertising people,  finance and operational experts, who all have a similar lack of possible bias to any team...

Allied to a "thinktank" of experienced Speedway people who can explain the Sports nuances to the independent body which ensures Speedway's 'uniqueness' is recognised but also that any operating model still delivers both the credibility and integrity needed that befits a Professional Team Sport..

In other words...

Yup good post,  but you must have  experienced speedway people up the top, but like i keep banging on about  a change is needed  at the top new ideas work with promoters and a little bit of stabillity. Because if there is no change then you will hear that last nail go in the coffin from all round the country. And i feel very strongly about this.

Edited by Starman2006

49 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The answer?

In other words...

Sounds good to but as you say not a cat and hell's chance how many years have we been on the slippery slopes now can't remember and they haven't done anything  yet ?

Edited by ray c

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Yup good post,  but you must have  experienced speedway people up the top, but like i keep banging on about  a change is needed  at the top new ideas work with promoters and a little bit of stabillity. Because if there is no change then you will hear that last nail go in the coffin from all round the country. And i feel very strongly about this.

Don’t quite get this “must have speedway people at the top” philosophy. We’ve had this since speedway first began and look where it’s got us. What is needed is a UK Speedway Regulatory Authority (UKSRA) that is made up of people with sound business minds and, that have NOT been tainted by all the suspect principles and processes currently in being that has taken our sport to the precipice. The UKSRA should be accountable to the FIM (possibly through the ACU) for the delivery of speedway racing to the British people and it should be totally independent of organisations such as the BSPA. Remember the BSPA by the nature of its title is only an “association” and therefore, it’s basically a “club”. The UKSRA would be The Authority responsible for the regulation and licensing of all elements associated with the delivery of the sport including but not limited to: The Venue including The Track, Referees, Riders, Promoters, Track Preparation Staff, Medics, Bike Checkers and, appropriate Safety Management Systems.

I can hear the wails of who’s going to pay for this? The answer is the increased footfall of paying public which should be generated through improved marketing carried out by The Promoters getting their sorry a...s out into schools and colleges and Marketing their product...

• Like 1

Was Sharcross a speedway man?

Can’t this all parliamentary committee that’s often touted in the Star sort something out for us?

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, Starman2006 said:

Im pleased to see this , yes we can move on. We all stick up for our clubs and rightly so, sometimes some might go a little to far in that respect.
But we, all the fans now have our own fight, we all need to come together for the good of british speedway in this country, im probably like all of us not liking whats going on at the top, and im affraid this has got to change, there needs to be a big shake up in the management committee positions,  Somebody a KL fan on the Chapman thread kindly put up what he and  we all probably think,
Love him or loath him from a Poole point of view, we now have the posibillity of Matt ford walking away from British speedway, and that doesnt sit good with me, yes there are other problems in british speedway, but the root of the problem imo is at the top, and this needs to change. Somebody i gather mentioned starting up a petition to stop Matt from walking away, i totally agree with that, i also feel very strongly, that changes should be made at the top of the management comittee...

Matt can see the writing is on the wall for speedway and wants to sell his business  before its worth nothing.In hindsight he should have sold Poole Speedway 5 years ago when things were not so bad.  

23 minutes ago, New Science said:

Matt can see the writing is on the wall for speedway and wants to sell his business  before its worth nothing.In hindsight he should have sold Poole Speedway 5 years ago when things were not so bad.  

24 minutes ago, New Science said:

Sadly, as speedway club I can’t imagine there is any value left in the business. However, an impatient developer might try to buy MF out of any “facilities contracts” he may have and thus remove a barrier to some form of fast track (excuse the pun) property development.