British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 4/7/18

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

No. Attack the post not the poster. Should apply to all.

Have got to see Starman's many posts and replies over the 2 years I have been on the Forum, and have noticed a moderation of tone since his major op. Don't want to go into too much as its personal to him but many who follow his posts know how serious it was.

From a personal perspective I have found that when it comes to sensible Speedway discussion he has proved very engaging and I have NEVER had any problems or issues with exchange posts even if we don't always agree on certain points relating to the Poole Team or the Club. Let's also be honest this is a Poole Forum so I keep my comments relative to the subject matter.

I think this is the thing. We can have a laugh- a joke - sometimes the odd wind up but ultimately we all love the sport and of course if we get some of the trolls or people who go out of their way just to wind up certain parties then it will cause some friction.

Some may not understand that Mike had a vert serious and possibly life threatening Brain illness that could have ended his life. However he came through it (with some difficulties) and for me has been more engaging when exchanging views on our team. Never bad words exchanged even if we don't always see eye to eye (i.e Mr Sundstrom being an example - I am still not convinced but Starman has always advocated patience with him and say he is improving - the jury is still out, but we can exchange politely without reverting to back biting).

I just feel that we should be a little understanding. Its obvious that Mike still gets difficult moments as he said openly on this forum a bit earlier, but I am sure if it had been me or anyone exchanging sensible discussion, that he would still have posted or replied in the same manner. He has a lot of knowledge/experience of the sport over the years and I for one feel we should embrace such fans on the forum. Mike only gets agitated with those who tend to wind up when its not necessary. In many  cases he ignores a lot of it.

Anyway I have never met Starman but from what I have learned since his major operation he is a decent guy who I enjoy exchanging views/posts with.

P.S: Part of the  reason for having not met him is because I live 3.5 hours plus away from Poole in darkest Essex :)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, acef said:

No it isn't. Grow a backbone. 

What it is, is entirety accurate. 

Why people choose to 'make it personal' because the word illness was used is beyond me. 

Yep, when your losing an argument bring the illness card out.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Two Poles at reserve?

Tungate is not good at Poole. Has he ever had a really good meeting? Nicholls carries far more threat.

There certainly were when I watched them at Somerset!

Why engage with him at this level and in this manner. I’m not proud of fact I used to bounce him around on the end of a string for fun. Sharing his posts with none speedway friends in the pub led to an acquaintance Dr of behavioural science mentioning something was amiss. I immediately blocked him and have not engage with him since as it’s just not fair. 

If you do feel the need, then polite agreement is the best policy. 

So its announced Rye have closed down. On SGB site.

This means we lose 4 points from our 2 RH matches but some lose 6. We are certainly bottom but the revised SGB League table not amended yet as the news is just off the press. Wonder how the new table will look.

Sad day for all Speedway supporters.

7 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

This means we lose 4 points from our 2 RH matches but some lose 6. We are certainly bottom but the revised SGB League table not amended yet as the news is just off the press. Wonder how the new table will look.

Could be revamped leagues next season cant see the premiership running with 7 teams and surely nobody will want to come up suicide ?

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

Could be revamped leagues next season cant see the premiership running with 7 teams and surely nobody will want to come up suicide ?

Tend to agree. Something which perhaps engages with some or all of the Champ clubs in a new format which is not financially punishing.

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Bewley, Drozdz, Etheridge 

Nicholls, Drozdz, Etheridge. 

The sad news today sees Scott without a Premiership team so his most recent average from the Championship divide by 1.3 gives 5.95, which is below Dan. 

Not that it matters on a day like today. 

15 minutes ago, ouch said:

The sad news today sees Scott without a Premiership team so his most recent average from the Championship divide by 1.3 gives 5.95, which is below Dan. 

I agree BUT.... if both Harris and Scott both now got a Champ av calculation and all Prem scores etc are canned for Rye then it indeed makes it interesting for a few teams out there and especially Poole. Nichols new GSA on a conv would be 6.07 (based on the GSA sheet of 26.6 on the 2018 team declarations which is where SGB now seem to post them),and Harris would be 6.25. Both would be options for Poole if they did drop Josh G and both ride Poole well. My preference would be for Nichols. Harris would fit on basis of a team declaration not as a straight replacement as just too high.

I can't see based on this years current GSA wef 1/7 or on the starting GSA that either would get a team spot personally elsewhere. They are both a bit too high to replace others imo.

Wonder if any discussions will be going on tonight as Scott is guesting for BV. He also lives South Coast now so Poole arguably more convenient than RH was. All depends on what they will get as new GSA's wef 1st July.

We shall see but whatever outcome its a sad day.

25 minutes ago, ouch said:

Nicholls average is irrelevant - it is the position he is covering that counts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I agree BUT.... if both Harris and Scott both now got a Champ av calculation and all Prem scores etc are canned for Rye then it indeed makes it interesting for a few teams out there and especially Poole. Nichols new GSA on a conv would be 6.07 (based on the GSA sheet of 26.6 on the 2018 team declarations which is where SGB now seem to post them),and Harris would be 6.25. Both would be options for Poole if they did drop Josh G and both ride Poole well. My preference would be for Nichols. Harris would fit on basis of a team declaration not as a straight replacement as just too high.

I can't see based on this years current GSA wef 1/7 or on the starting GSA that either would get a team spot personally elsewhere. They are both a bit too high to replace others imo.

Wonder if any discussions will be going on tonight as Scott is guesting for BV. He also lives South Coast now so Poole arguably more convenient than RH was. All depends on what they will get as new GSA's wef 1st July.

We shall see but whatever outcome its a sad day.

Bearing in mind its been a week now. Would not surprise me if the GSA discussion and new teams have already been discussed with the SCB and between riders and interested clubs.

Matt Ford already made some comments in the Echo in last 24 hours as not discounting other changes maybe if it also involved current assets in the team (would seem to me to be poss aimed at Josh G ??). Would not surprise me one bit if he has already got the ok in respect of both riders GSA's and perhaps an agreement in principal for at least one of them ??

Could be wrong of course but the press release in the Echo quickly followed by the BSPA  release indicates this outcome was on the cards for maybe a while despite what has said about efforts were made to resolve it.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

The table has already been amended 

I see the vultures are out already - trying to get RH riders on their CL converted averages :rolleyes: 

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Don't know why we have a different topic for each meeting, same rubbish posted every time. . .opposition made stronger, guests are suddenly world champions, tracks this & that, tired from riding abroad etc etc. Bit sick of the Poole blah blah!

Get off the thread then!!