British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Cradley V Brummies Mon 2ndJuly NT

RADLEY: Danny Ayres, Bradley Andrews, Kyle Bickley, Jason Edwards, Alfie Bowtell, Drew Kemp, Chris Widman.

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Callum Walker, James Shanes, Leon Flint, Danyon Hume, Arran Butcher, Layne Cupitt (if fit).

Guest GiveusaB

I think Cradley's combined average of 54.46 might also have a significant impact on the overall score?

Good test for our '4' man team ! :) but I can't see them scoring more than 40 points between them?

I think I'll watch Belgium v Japan instead!

Wonder if we will be treated to more 'Bacon rolls' this evening?

Seriously, should be the best match of the season so far with plenty of entertainers on view if they miss the gate. I'm looking forward to seeking Leon Flint for the first time. He sounds like yet another great British prospect. Crikey in five years time we could have more GP riders than Poland (but Greg will probably still be beating them)!

It's going to be a great sunny evening so lets hope to see some more queues at the entrance and a good local derby atmosphere.

Heathens to win by 8.

I’ll not be going tonight this Fixture doesn’t seem to have the same attraction without the old Patchett Drury aggro 

Haven't been following the Cradley circus this season, just wondered if there are any rules governing how their team can be made up.

Baptism of fire for Flint in the past 2 meetings. Cradley will have a problem when Andrews moves to reserve if he is still injured with him and widman? Unnatached 3 pointer to take Andrews place could see problems arise for them

14 hours ago, uk_martin said:

7 man team v 4 man team...place your bets.

Technically it was a 6 man team v 4 man team, at the start of the meeting anyway.  But I see your point.

11 hours ago, Villain said:

Haven't been following the Cradley circus this season, just wondered if there are any rules governing how their team can be made up.

The team was built to the same points limit at the start of the season as every other NL team, accepting that it was something of a dream team scenario when the riders were only agreeing to a handful of matches so you could pick a very strong team.  The riders have moved as their averages have changed and replacements where required have been within the usual rules I believe.  We were fortunate that Drew Kemp hasn't gained a realistic average so he remained at reserve last night whereas Leon Flint moved into the main body of the Brummies team.

What promised to be a good meeting lost it's edge after the awful crash for Chris Widman and Danyon Hume.  I hope they are both OK, I believe Chris has damaged his wrist and Danyon is suffering with the arm he broke last year.  They locked together half way along the start finish straight and piled through the fence, luckily that fence is a good one and one of the bikes went over the top so was out of the way as they impacted else it could have been a lot worse.

Cradley won the meeting at reserve which was always likely to be the difference even before Birmingham lost one of their big hitters.  I do enjoy watching James Shanes ride and he was barely troubled last night at all, Tom Bacon likewise but it was just a case of filling in the minor places for the home team.  Shame that Kemp and Flint didn't meet each other much due to some team management wizardry to keep Kemp scoring the most points covering R/R, his rides and Widmans rides.  Was good to see Flint, Kemp and Edwards all going at it in Heat 14.

Shame the track wasn't in too good a condition due to problems with watering, then to finish the night off typically the tapes gave up the ghost at around 9:45, just around heat 11 I think?

So something of an anticlimax in the end

27 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Baptism of fire for Flint in the past 2 meetings. Cradley will have a problem when Andrews moves to reserve if he is still injured with him and widman? Unnatached 3 pointer to take Andrews place could see problems arise for them

Absolutely, we only have 1 match left as it stands - away at Birmingham - and Kemp will miss that along with Bickley as Belle Vue and Mildenhall ride each other on that date.  Kemp will be in the main body by that point so I guess a guest and R/R with possibly a couple of 3 point reserves if Chris is out of action after last night. 

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, TurnTwo said:

It's a baptism of fire for Flint at most away meetings as he's never ridden the tracks before and he couldn't of had 2 worse tracks to sample his first experience of being in the 'full' team !

I bet he's glad that he doesn't have to ride at Wolverhampton every week.

Buxton up next ???

Terrible crash involving Chris and Danyon. Thank God for air fences!

Shanes and Bacon were a class apart last night (and not a Bacon roll in sight!).

Great to see the likes of Drew, Jason, Kyle and Leon developing week by week. They all have great futures. I think Monmore is just too tight for Leon at the moment but he'll adjust to that soon enough.

There may still be something to ride for at Perry Barr but it will be a patched up team with guests for our guests.

The support is clearly still there for a full season. Its a shame that Ladbrokes don't want to play ball on two race nights.

• Like 1

GOOD NEWS
Danyon Hume suffered no broken bones in last night’s crash at Cradley. However he is battered and bruised (understandably), and will miss Sunday’s National Trophy trip to Buxton.
Also wishing Cradley’s Chris Widman a speedy recovery who suffered a fractured wrist.

• Like 3