British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions v Wolverhampton Wolves, 2 July 18

Dave Darcy said (in his usual brusque manner) that some supporters seems to think they know more about the team than him and that Wright was signed for 28 days only and Danny King will be back for the Lions so there.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Dave Darcy said (in his usual brusque manner) that some supporters seems to think they know more about the team than him and that Wright was signed for 28 days only and Danny King will be back for the Lions so there.

Dave Darcy is more optimistic than me on that score..... :cry:

51 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Makes you wonder why that wasn’t made clearer when the signings were announced on the website? Personally glad that Danny is still in the picture though. Think he would of enjoyed tonight’s rather grippy track.

Who has the worst #1. Its a midlands only competition... Except for Kurtz, eerrr and Kasprzak. :P:)

Impressive debut for Wells. Glad to hear King still in picture for Lions.

2 hours ago, 40-38 said:

Yes it states quite clearly in the news release of 29 June on the website, that Wright is a 28- day cover replacement. 

What? You didn't spot that bit? Go try reading it again

• Like 1

Is Masters 18 points the best at Leicester since Magnus Karlsson got 18 (including a 6 point tactical)  v Sheffield in the first season back??  Ironically Leicester lost that one by 2 or 3 points!

2 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Almost there Steve:D

Yet another one slips through the net. Glad to see Adams has sorted the dashing off into a lead then giving it away though:rolleyes:

At least I got the score right, just not in the right order. :D

Good fightback and really thought we could nick it in the last heat.

Another away point to add to the tally I guess.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bornagainlion said:

Is Masters 18 points the best at Leicester since Magnus Karlsson got 18 (including a 6 point tactical)  v Sheffield in the first season back??  Ironically Leicester lost that one by 2 or 3 points!

Pretty sure Nicolai Klindt scored 20 or 21 a couple of years back riding at reserve

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

At least I got the score right, just not in the right order. :D

Good fightback and really thought we could nick it in the last heat.

Another away point to add to the tally I guess.

Yes, so did I. :lol: With Sam on 18 points and Rory on 9 I expected Lions to lose or at best get a 45 all draw as Sam had been flying all night. Thank goodness for new signing Ricky Wells as Bjerre and Pieszczek only scored 4 points each. :(

5 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Pretty sure Nicolai Klindt scored 20 or 21 a couple of years back riding at reserve

He sure did v Lakeside 20+1 paid max and we lost by 2!!!!

And an honourable mention for Nick Morris who got 19+1 for Glasgow in 2011.

And Charles Wright was riding for the Lions in that too.

Edited by Elmo

strange sam masters was on a maxi in the reverse meeting last week and came last in heat 15 in that one as well ?

• Like 1

Ricky, don't lose that number

The rider parade at Leicester really does sum the sport up... it's a complete shambles! It's a pity riders don't show this much enthusiasm to get on with it all the time. They're pushing off before the final riders have been read out, which is rude at best and shambolic at worst. What was Charles Wright up to during the parade, went to push off, realised the parade wasn't over and stopped and then just stayed there in the middle of the track while the parade continued. Then there were 5 or 6 burly men stood across the track to stop the riders pushing off before the parade was finished, about as much use as a chocolate teapot as they all just shrugged their shoulders as the riders just barged through them.

Then Dave Darcy comes onto the PA to have a snide go at some of the fans! Unbelievable what other sport would you get this in? If he's got an issue with some of the people posting on forums, come on to the forum to address it, don't wash your dirty laundry in public.

The guy from Sheffield seems to be doing the track now, it's turning into a bit of a Sheffield lite at Leicester these days. Again there were dust issues this week but at least there was some watering during the meeting this week, although what the point was of watering the track in areas that nobody has ever been to is beyond me but that seems to be something that has always happened in this country... all the riders riding around the inside creating clouds of dust... so we'll just water the very outside of the track. You just don't see this in Poland, they just flood the track, all of it and the riders have to deal with it and the punters don't go home covered in dust.

When the dust got too much I moved from my spot on the first bend up to bends 3 and 4 and what struck me was how little of the track is used. It seems if you enter bend 3 more than 2 meters from the line the likelihood is you're going to come off or get into extreme difficulty.

Anyway it was a nice evening weather wise, the match was run at a lightning pace, until the sun delay, I wonder if they were trying to get it done and dusted before the sun issues? It wasn't a massive delay like it has been in the past, so thumbs up there. There were 2 or 3 good races but at least the scoreline kept it interesting, Lions seemed home and dry mid-meeting then Wolves put on a stellar fight back. Ricky Wells has certainly set himself a high benchmark for the rest of the season, Kenneth Bjerre's form as a No1 is still a worry though, I don't know why HA isn't riding No1?

Incredible. Having lost one idiot promoter it sounds like Leicester may have now acquired another one. Is Mr Darcy the roly-poly fella wearing black who was around the pits area at Wolverhampton at the TV match last week? Instead of making snide comments about supporters having the barefaced cheek to discuss the team, he might be better advised to get some exercise and cut down on the pies intake.

• Like 1