British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions v Wolverhampton Wolves, 2 July 18

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

As has been posted on another thread on track prep, it is about getting water into the track early to soak in then keep it sprayed throughout the meeting. Graham did an awesome job on Thursday to grade & water to keep the dust down at Sheffield. He can only work with the tools that he has got & the time restraints.

I've never noticed a problem when I've been to Sheffield... it does seem to be a problem at Leicester this year particularly

2 hours ago, iainb said:

When the dust got too much I moved from my spot on the first bend up to bends 3 and 4 and what struck me was how little of the track is used. It seems if you enter bend 3 more than 2 meters from the line the likelihood is you're going to come off or get into extreme difficulty.

Don't think I agree with that. I'm always on the 4th bend and some of the riders take a very wide line round there, scarily so sometimes. :lol:

12 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

"........................although what the point was of watering the track in areas that nobody has ever been to is beyond me but that seems to be something that has always happened in this country... all the riders riding around the inside creating clouds of dust... so we'll just water the very outside of the track."

You cannot water on a slick inside line as it would become greasy & more difficult for the riders. Watering the outside where the dirt is or has been graded tends to keep it together & causes less dust if the riders went there. It is the shape of your track that leads to where the best lines are.

It's very hard fathom track grading and watering (or lack of it ) during a meeting,it's just a tractor racing demo at some tracks,like you say they seldom bring any dirt back on to the racing line( riders would complain no doubt).Armadale is an exception to this IMO they keep the grading and watering perfect IMO .Never Mind the fans as long as the riders are happy seems be the Motto.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

Don't think I agree with that. I'm always on the 4th bend and some of the riders take a very wide line round there, scarily so sometimes. :lol:

Perhaps it was just last night then... I'm normally sat on my perch on the first bend

• Like 1

Ricky Wells got lions out of a hole. Bjerre is a concern.

Can someone enlighten me as to what Nathan Greaves thought he was doing or what the idea was when he came off his bike in heat 2 and took his bike to the apex of turns 1 and 2 and sat on his bike on the track. 

30 minutes ago, Glennylion said:

Ricky Wells got lions out of a hole. Bjerre is a concern.

Can someone enlighten me as to what Nathan Greaves thought he was doing or what the idea was when he came off his bike in heat 2 and took his bike to the apex of turns 1 and 2 and sat on his bike on the track. 

Was hard to tell if he was on or just off the track from where I was. If he was on the track, what was the referee doing letting the race continue? Should have stopped it and thrown Greaves out of the meeting.

5 hours ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

Was hard to tell if he was on or just off the track from where I was. If he was on the track, what was the referee doing letting the race continue? Should have stopped it and thrown Greaves out of the meeting.

Was definitely on track. Right up against the kerb. Did seem a bit odd

He was still on the racing surface, albeit right against the kerb, don't know why he didn't pull onto the centre green, as it was a dangerous position to park up! Ref should have red flagged the race, excluded him, and put the remaining Wolves rider off 15 metres!! 

In my humble opinion........ 

Edited by Shale Searcher
Typo....
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bump said:

Was definitely on track. Right up against the kerb. Did seem a bit odd

That’s where Adams tells him to be at Monmore. 

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Still a wolves asset

Wonderful:rolleyes: