British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flipper11

Kent v Stoke

Just been told this match is off. 

23 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Just been told this match is off. 

It is off. This has been posted on the Kent website:

DUE to a serious road accident in the surrounding area the decision has been taken to postpone Monday's scheduled National League match at Central Park between Kent and Stoke.

The incident has left the roads leading to the stadium gridlocked, riders/officials stranded and unlikely to clear for several hours.

A new date will be announced in due course.

Dartford crossing has been closed I believe. It's a first for me, I've never been to a meeting that was called off due to traffic congestion!

Think the majority of riders were sat in their pit chairs sunbathing on the motorway. Believe at the point when it was cancelled it would of been Stoneman,Rowe,Hampshire, and Laurence vs Shuttleworth.

With severe weather causing cancellations in early season, one caused by traffic congestion on what was otherwise a perfect Speedway day is

bound to cause headaches.  With the country's road system at breaking point I would expect such closures to become a feature of our sport

in the not-too-distant future.

Lakeside called one off a few years ago because the m25 was shut. I've had a couple of near misses there that led to late starts. Mildenhall last season was the most recent. With all the traffic congestion around central park approaching start time, I've often thought about the possibility of a call off.