British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague riders championship Gdansk(IMME)Sunday August 5th live on TV

this is ridiculous

Zmarzlik yesterday, Janowski today...

Pawlicki even called the ref and explained what happened

what's the point of having the 1st bend rule if the refs try their best to exclude someone

What was result? Free Sports broadcast ZG v Leszno... Again!

Gdansk track is rubbish.

Seen result now, racing likely pants considering result.

Some points on the PLRC (it should definitely be called that)

1. Rubbish Track.  Why would the organisers choose to race at Gdansk (probably a big sack of cash). Its like that week in week out it hardly came as a surprise.Then again Wroclaw gets a lot of big meetings and is almost as bad

2. Crowd. I have a theory based on just about nothing that Polish fans just want to see their club sides win. Poland Test matches, Polish Final, Polish Golden Helmet, SON all have terrible attendances. 

3. Dudek. OK fair play to him he maximises his abilities. And like all speedway riders they put their lives on the line to race. But he really is the most boring rider to watch. Big gate and straight to the inside. I'd be surprised if he could pass a unicycle if it beat him out of the gate. Week in week outs its the same old story. 

4. Formula. Top 2 through and the next 8 to semi's? I mean who thought that would be a good idea?  Riders were clearly taking it easy in the last few races as they cruised through to the semi. The semi final & final formula works in SGPs because every point counts to your final total.  The GB / Polish final top 6 is much better

Anyway I'm glad i got that off my chest. Feel a lot better. :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, James Carter said:

1. Rubbish Track.  Why would the organisers choose to race at Gdansk (probably a big sack of cash). Its like that week in week out it hardly came as a surprise.Then again Wroclaw gets a lot of big meetings and is almost as bad

2. Crowd. I have a theory based on just about nothing that Polish fans just want to see their club sides win. Poland Test matches, Polish Final, Polish Golden Helmet, SON all have terrible attendances. 

3. Dudek. OK fair play to him he maximises his abilities. And like all speedway riders they put their lives on the line to race. But he really is the most boring rider to watch. Big gate and straight to the inside. I'd be surprised if he could pass a unicycle if it beat him out of the gate. Week in week outs its the same old story. 

4. Formula. Top 2 through and the next 8 to semi's? I mean who thought that would be a good idea?  Riders were clearly taking it easy in the last few races as they cruised through to the semi. The semi final & final formula works in SGPs because every point counts to your final total.  The GB / Polish final top 6 is much better

You obviously haven`t seen a match from Wroclaw this season- as they have really got the track sorted and there has been some great matches there this year.

45 minutes ago, James Carter said:

Wroclaw is a very good track.   Watch the SoN and any recent league meeting.          The SWC in Leszno 2017 (from TV) looked sold out.

1 hour ago, James Carter said:

Wroclaw poor track ? keep up, been some fab racing this year

I've seen every match from Wroclaw this year. It's better than 2017 but it isn't great. Woffinden rides it amazingly but it's still much harder to pass than other tracks. I think it's relatively easy to ride a fast tight line in Wroclaw and you're less susceptible to riders going for the big blast around the outside. If you look at the line Woffinden rides when in front he's more or less between grids 2 and 3 down the back straight. 

I'll give you the Leszno 2017 world cup big crowd (perhaps cheaper tickets and Poland were just about guaranteed winners?) but generally outside league racing there is definitely less interest. A few years back now but have a look at the swc when Denmark pipped Poland on last heat when NKI came passed JK. Handful of people there at Bydgoszcz.