British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Kings Lynn v Leicester Lions 4/7/2018

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

There cannot be a single stars fans that can defend the club tonight. More fans lost.

Buster has lost control of the club

Don't think he's lost control. JC said Lynn used to run 2 ambulances and had a medical room. Not lost control, he owns it all. Being tight might be nearer the mark on this one.

2 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Loving the people following the updates commenting . If you was there then you would realise that 1 crash happened where a rider was injured but shockingly the ambulance wasn’t available for 3 hours . . . NHS problem and a very sobering 1. Information was given. We were kept informed. Every effort was being made. At around 9:45 we were told the ambulance was returning. It did return after ten and racing commenced. Heat 7 there was a 3 rider crash where young Kasper was injured. An nhs ambulance immediately turned up, but the meeting was regrettably cancelled. This is not lawn bowls. Accidents happen. Injuries happen and it’s a budget sport.

2 ambulances would be perfect. But so would no injuries. 

Bit of heckling from fans annoyed me. And pretty much all the people around methought these hecklers were dumb asses. Harsh night but every now and then that’s how it goes. I’ll be there for the Poole one as would most because that’s what fans do. I know the loud minority will probably rip holes in tonight because they have nothing better to do. But that’s social media for you!

As JC said Lynn used to have 2..Must be Busters decision not to have 2. No one tells him what to do.

I never want to see any rider injured. No one can predict 2 bad crashes, but if Buster used the same system as when JC was there, it would of helped a lot.

It can only be a money thing... And I doubt Buster is skint .

Best wishes to Lewis and Kasper

I hope Lewis and Kasper get well soon. Tonight was just a one off,can't blame the track, or any riders ,or Stars management. After the abuse given to Buster from some loudmouth prat I wouldn't be surprised if Buster pulled the plug on the speedway. Time to regroup and look forward to the next home meeting against Poole.

• Like 4

Even if there had been two ambulances at Kings Lynn tonight it would have made no difference at all with the delay as the track paramedic had given Lewis strong pain killing medication so had to accompany him to hospital to hand him over to the Doctors anyway 

• Like 5

I thought all ambulances had a paramedic on board ? 2 ambulances, 2 paramedics. Or at least someone that can deliver strong painkillers..

The riders always come first. No one wants to see them hurt. If the meeting don't run, it's fine. So the 2 ambulances wouldn't make a difference ?.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Most tracks that have two ambulances will  have one paramedic and there is only medical officer allowed on the SCB paperwork.

There was this issue at Leicester for a tv meeting there was two ambulances and two paramedics but the injured rider was given morphine so the signed in official had do paperwork and sign patient over to second paramedic while waiting for county ambulance 

What a rubbish way to have to end tonight. Bad enough for Lewis to be injured, but then that awful crash for Kasper. Very best wishes to them both. 

P.S. sort that bloody roving mike out. Even when it works can only hear mike man, but riders are impossible to hear.

31 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought all ambulances had a paramedic on board ? 2 ambulances, 2 paramedics. Or at least someone that can deliver strong painkillers..

The riders always come first. No one wants to see them hurt. If the meeting don't run, it's fine. So the 2 ambulances wouldn't make a difference ?.

Not always the case for a paramedic to be on board a front line ambulance these days.

Very common to be double manned by technicians only.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

i had an ambulance out recently, they had to wait for a paramedic to arrive before i could have morphine

Let’s hope the injured riders are ok and not as badly injured as first feared . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

Dale tweeted  3 hours ago that Lewis has spiral fracture of left leg. Kasper has severe concussion and broken shoulder. 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Dale tweeted  3 hours ago that Lewis has spiral fracture of left leg. Kasper has severe concussion and broken shoulder. 

Lewis is one of the nicest guys in speedway with a wife and family. It is not often I would say this but in his case I hope once he has recovered he assesses whether the risk out weighs the reward. If it does then he should give the sport up irrelevant of how much talent/potential he has.

Ps I think gladrag is spot on with his comments regarding a paramedic. Only one ever has ever been in attendance and if required to stay with Lewis until ambulance arrives then this explains why the meeting could not restart.

• Like 3