British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Kings Lynn v Leicester Lions 4/7/2018

6 hours ago, stevehone said:

i had an ambulance out recently, they had to wait for a paramedic to arrive before i could have morphine

Same for my wife at the tail end of May Steve, the only difference being they wouldn't send an ambulance out until the next day(!!), and to this day, she's still suffering. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, iainb said:

What's gone wrong is that the NHS is broken and it was going to take 3 hours for an ambulance to arrive

7 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Loving the people following the updates commenting . If you was there then you would realise that 1 crash happened where a rider was injured but shockingly the ambulance wasn’t available for 3 hours . . . NHS problem and a very sobering 1. Information was given. We were kept informed. Every effort was being made. At around 9:45 we were told the ambulance was returning. It did return after ten and racing commenced. Heat 7 there was a 3 rider crash where young Kasper was injured. An nhs ambulance immediately turned up, but the meeting was regrettably cancelled. This is not lawn bowls. Accidents happen. Injuries happen and it’s a budget sport.

2 ambulances would be perfect. But so would no injuries. 

First and most important best wishes to both riders for a full and speedy recovery.

As for the ambulance issue, as others have said 2 ambulances do not necessarily mean 2 paramedics. Having 2 ambulances plus 2 paramedics at every meeting would increase the cost considerably and possibly mean an extra quid on the admission price and I can hear the moaning now.Sadly the ambulance service has to prioritise resources and serious tho Lewis Kerr's injuries were, if not deemed life threatening resources would be sent to patients that were. It's a sad fact as is the awful long waits for ambulances at A & E waiting to hand over patients.

Much as I dislike the way the club treat fans nowadays, if as Danny Connor says fans were informed, I fail to see what more the club could have done. They could have called it off when the ambulance left with Kerr, but it is possible that the crew were told it would be a relatively short wait to hand over, the club informed and then  other more serious patients arrived at A & E. It's not an exact science.

• Like 3

Best wishes to both injured riders.

My moan is (and I was there) is, there is obviously only one reason to keep everyone waiting until that late at night to restart a meeting that imo should have been called of way before then - and that has nothing to do with public entertainment, it was all about trying to get to heat 10 even if it was midnight so that no money would be lost on a rerun meeting!!

• Like 1

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Lewis and Kasper.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

My moan is (and I was there) is, there is obviously only one reason to keep everyone waiting until that late at night to restart a meeting that imo should have been called of way before then - and that has nothing to do with public entertainment, it was all about trying to get to heat 10 even if it was midnight so that no money would be lost on a rerun meeting!!

there is a10.30 curfew anyway so a bit wide of the mark there. I was there too and yes it's frustrating having to wait but no one could have known the delay would be so long , or that there would be another crash. I wouldn't have thought the home promoter could postpone anyway,surely that decision is down to the ref? 

Get well soon boys .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jchapman said:

Kings Lynn used to run with two ambulances to reduce the risk of hold ups. Then the medical room was built which was approved as a secondary holding unit so once an injured rider was transferred to this the racing could resume. No idea what has gone wrong tonight to create this long hold up.

This has gone beyond being acceptable with NO information about whether re-admission tickets can be used. Fans have been mugged unless the club does this - regardless of Heat 6 being reached. The reason it did not go the distance Is down to Buster cutting corners yet again. There WERE always two ambulances and a paramedic plus a named doctor and if a medical room ( to the accepted standard once existed - where is it now?)

Yes, it is a budget sport and are promoters everywhere now doing the same? I can no longer get to away tracks to compare. As a budget sport, why is it not £10 to get in? The crowd was up - at least 1200 maybe more - the track was excellent but all let down by inadequate backup facilities which seem unsafe for riders anyway. Is that correct? What Health and Safety laws exist for putting on motorsport and admitting the paying public? As ever at KLS there are many questions to be answered but no-one in the "management" prepared to answer them. Same old, same old mess.

I for one will test in law the validity of whether a refund or a re-admission ticket is due to supporters who paid if nothing is forthcoming. It's time somebody did.

• Like 1

Best wishes to Lewis and Kasper.

One of those nights that speedway throws up occasionally, can understand the frustration of people who were there but don't really see what else could have been done. Star Lady sums it up best I would say, nobody thought it would all take so long.

20 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

Yes speedy recovery to both injured riders . 

I wasn’t there and boy I’m pleased I wasn’t  if I had been I’d been long gone before it was called off  -  sadly with crashes there is nothing the club can do about that - that’s speedway but gone are the days that fans will hang around like last night definitely would have been better to call it off in first instance all nights like last night does it rack fans off even more and they are less likely to return think you are spot on about getting to heat 10. With the demise yesterday of Rye House - speedway in general in this country needs to wake up before it’s too late .

But is it important when two riders are injured?  

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

Terrible news about Lewis Kerr, so soon after his wife's involvement in a car crash and another child on the way. 

Not the best speedway  meeting I have been too,   the track looked grippy and fast, and offered little overtaken.  a real a gate a go exercise.   Apparently the new ref in the box didn't do anybody any favours .     Kenneth Bjerre and Lambert  were both quickly dialled in and looked  fastest of all.  Proctor had battled in all his 4 races, and Jasper Andersen beat an opponent in each of his first two rides.   but it wasn't pretty.  

Then came the dreaded ht6.  Hans got the drop from the gate,  entering the first bend he nudges Neils, who in turn  pushes Lewis wide,    He has nowhere to go other than hit the fence full speed.   He bounced back onto the track like a rag doll.   It was a bad crash.   it brought back memories of his accident that almost ruined his career at the showground.   The length of time the ambulance was standing on the track indicated it was serious.  Everybody there was aware of this.     Nobody likes to see anybody get hurt, but its part of the game.  My thoughts go out to Lewis ( NB:and Jasper)  for a speedy recovery. 

From that point on, the meeting was dead in the water.     Of cause the meeting cant  continue without the proper  attendants and equipment,   The time has gone  9 before the ambulance left the track,   at best its going to be another hour before we can continue.    With 10 heats still to run , that would make it a 11.30 finish on a school night,  and that's ridiculous,   besides isn't there a curfew on weeknights??

Waiting around for the ambulance to return did nobody any favours.     Buster should have called an end to proceedings then.  he was wrong to expect fans to wait around for 2 hours ,  not knowing when or if the meeting might continue..    Once the announcement was made about trying to locate a another ambulance service, I decided to leave.   It was now 9.30 and I had waited around long enough.  When walking back to the Car-park there were many who shared the same view with a steady stream leaving.    

Buster didn't do himself any favours tonight.  No doubt his actions were governed by the finances of it all.     

NB:   I wasn't aware of Jasper's accident till this morning.   .   .  .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Not the best speedway  meeting I have been too,   the track looked grippy and fast, and offered little overtaken.  a real a gate a go exercise.   Apparently the new ref in the box didn't do anybody any favours .     Kenneth Bjerre and Lambert  were both quickly dialled in and looked  fastest of all.  Proctor had battled in all his 4 races, and Jasper Andersen beat an opponent in each of his first two rides.   but it wasn't pretty.  

Then came the dreaded ht6.  Hans got the drop from the gate,  entering the first bend he nudges Neils, who in turn  pushes Lewis wide,    He has nowhere to go other than hit the fence full speed.   He bounced back onto the track like a rag doll.   It was a bad crash.   it brought back memories of his accident that almost ruined his career at the showground.   The length of time the ambulance was standing on the track indicated it was serious.  Everybody there was aware of this.     Nobody likes to see anybody get hurt, but its part of the game.  My thoughts go out to Lewis ( NB:and Jasper)  for a speedy recovery. 

From that point on, the meeting was dead in the water.     Of cause the meeting cant  continue without the proper  attendants and equipment,   The time has gone  9 before the ambulance left the track,   at best its going to be another hour before we can continue.    With 10 heats still to run , that would make it a 11.30 finish on a school night,  and that's ridiculous,   besides isn't there a curfew on weeknights??

Waiting around for the ambulance to return did nobody any favours.     Buster should have called an end to proceedings then.  he was wrong to expect fans to wait around for 2 hours ,  not knowing when or if the meeting might continue..    Once the announcement was made about trying to locate a another ambulance service, I decided to leave.   It was now 9.30 and I had waited around long enough.  When walking back to the Car-park there were many who shared the same view with a steady stream leaving.    

Buster didn't do himself any favours tonight.  No doubt his actions were governed by the finances of it all.     

NB:   I wasn't aware of Jasper's accident till this morning.   .   .  .

Kasper is the riders name.

buster isn’t the one that calls meetings off once started, that privilidge goes to the referee so I can’t see how buster is to blame

I really don't know why people are knocking Buster over last nights events. It wasn't his fault there were falls on the track. Fans were kept informed about delays with ambulances. If people hadn't shouted him down when he was on the mic they would have known what was happening. 

Was going to say surely the referee is the only one who can abandon a meeting?

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

True, but cant the promotion remind him of a 10:30 curfew (if that's correct) and say 'Look ref its gone 10 ... we aren't going to get this meeting in.

Or maybe an hour befor then with 'Look ref its going to be around 10 before we can start... etc etc ???

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It is. But why let the facts get in the way.