British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Kings Lynn v Leicester Lions 4/7/2018

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Brilliant to see,unbelievable after witnessing last nights crash.

Thanks Bald Bloke:t:

Edited by tellboy

9 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

He's about 10 years out of date - that was the old system.

The new one was devised to be fairer - sometimes the supporters loses out, sometimes they gain.  It's £1 back for each incompleted race before Heat 10.  Once Heat 10 is done and dusted, there's no refund.

If six races are run, then for the re-staging you receive a £4 discount.

Sometimes you will get an exception.  For example, a couple of years ago a meeting was called off at Scunthorpe after just two races, and promoter Rob Godfrey decided on a full refund for the re-staging as a goodwill gesture, rather than a discount.

To be fair to Buster regarding last night, he still has 6 races to pay out riders.  So I would expect he will use the standard readmission policy of reduced admission for the re-staging.

I stand corrected.  obviously  he was not up to date with all the many rule changes.    You say the new system is fairer,   you'll have to forgive me for not agreeing with you .   Under the new system the supporter  never gains and loses out everytime a meeting is called off.        

Years ago the supporters were appreciated and treated as a valued commodity,  not anymore.   You don't have to think very hard to see why the numbers are dwindling  fast..      Of those many fans who had been waiting for hours  before leaving ,    I cant imagine  they'll  be too keen to come again  when they learn they will only  receive a small adjustment from their initial £18.00 they forked out...

NB :   Pleased to see Rob Godfrey  made the correct decision and refunded the full amount for a meeting called off after 2 races.     As a supporter I wouldn't have expected anything less...   

• Like 2

Webbo.  Sorry mate but every post you make begs one question.

Why the flock do you go to Speedway ? You must get sumink out of it, but reading your posts I’m at a total loss to see what.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

To be fair to Buster regarding last night, he still has 6 races to pay out riders.  So I would expect he will use the standard readmission policy of reduced admission for the re-staging.

But he does not seem to want to make any public announcement via any kind of media about what kind of refund he is willing to make. Why? For those fans who say there should be no clamour for refunds, that's OK throw away your ticket stubs ( perhaps you already have ) for those like me who feel cheated ( again ) by Buster, do want to know what kind of gesture he will make. Please tell us even if it is to confirm what is in the programme. I don't know because I can't afford to buy one and waste the money on a programme.

• Like 1

I haven't bought a programme for years and was totally unaware of the "new" refund rules... does the heat 6 rule not apply anymore?

To be fair to Buster, he may have been slightly busy, First checking and maybe visiting the injured riders and ensuring all was OK for them, then there is the aftermath of the Rye House saga and then the Friday night saga.

In an ideal world yes information would be great but as I understand it the next meeting isn't until next week   July 23rd (had to check) so it's not exactly urgent is it.

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

I haven't bought a programme for years and was totally unaware of the "new" refund rules... does the heat 6 rule not apply anymore?

Try reading back about a dozen posts. Lucifer Sam summed it up perfectly and trust me he knows his stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

To be fair to Buster, he may have been slightly busy, First checking and maybe visiting the injured riders and ensuring all was OK for them, then there is the aftermath of the Rye House saga and then the Friday night saga.

In an ideal world yes information would be great but as I understand it the next meeting isn't until next week   July 23rd (had to check) so it's not exactly urgent is it.

I didn't realise Buster was a Dr... and if he can't handle being Chairman and running KL, perhaps it's time for him to step down from one of his roles

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

I didn't realise Buster was a Dr... and if he can't handle being Chairman and running KL, perhaps it's time for him to step down from one of his roles

Nowhere did I suggest he was but I know from personal experience that Buster is very caring and the well being of all of his employees /riders is of prime concern to him and his family. Now that might not be what you want to hear or fit in with folks perception of him but it's true.

• Like 1

Just now, Star Lady said:

Nowhere did I suggest he was but I know from personal experience that Buster is very caring and the well being of all of his employees /riders is of prime concern to him and his family. Now that might not be what you want to hear or fit in with folks perception of him but it's true.

I don't know the guy, maybe he is, I hope so... but sometimes there is the bigger picture to think about

Just now, iainb said:

I don't know the guy, maybe he is, I hope so... but sometimes there is the bigger picture to think about

Sod the big picture - riders welfare comes first.

• Like 3

Just now, Star Lady said:

Sod the big picture - riders welfare comes first.

You're obviously an apologist for Buster and he can do no wrong in your eyes, nobody has suffered life changing injuries here so quite why you think he should be nursemaiding riders with injuries instead of running his business and the sport in general is beyond me. I hope you're happy when you're stood alone in an empty stadium watching your Speedway

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

You're obviously an apologist for Buster and he can do no wrong in your eyes, nobody has suffered life changing injuries here so quite why you think he should be nursemaiding riders with injuries instead of running his business and the sport in general is beyond me. I hope you're happy when you're stood alone in an empty stadium watching your Speedway

You make me laugh:D

check back thro a few Lynn threads and I've been one of Busters biggest critics for the way he has run Lynn for the last few years and I will probably continue to be so. However I am a fair minded person and not so blinded by prejudice that I cannot see two sides to things. I speak as I find always have hopefully always will.

as for the sport in general, I think you give Buster far more credit (if that's the right word) for the continuing debacle the sport has become. The BSPA is a collective not a dictatorship and all voting members bear equal responsibility for the sports downfall. 

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

You make me laugh:D

check back thro a few Lynn threads and I've been one of Busters biggest critics for the way he has run Lynn for the last few years and I will probably continue to be so. However I am a fair minded person and not so blinded by prejudice that I cannot see two sides to things. I speak as I find always have hopefully always will.

as for the sport in general, I think you give Buster far more credit (if that's the right word) for the continuing debacle the sport has become. The BSPA is a collective not a dictatorship and all voting members bear equal responsibility for the sports downfall. 

OK, I'll take your word for it... I'm not going to go back through Lynn threads, I wish I wasn't on this one... If Buster had booked 2 ambulances I probably wouldn't be

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Is there no-one else at KLS who can agree on a quote and Tweet it or add two lines to the website? I don't expect Buster to handle every single thing at KLS ( NOT even he could do that! ). But there are more than a few clustered around him, acolyte style, some of them being paid. What exactly does the new co-promoter do?

• Like 1