British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Kings Lynn v Leicester Lions 4/7/2018

1 minute ago, waytogo28 said:

Is there no-one else at KLS who can agree on a quote and Tweet it or add two lines to the website? I don't expect Buster to handle every single thing at KLS ( NOT even he could do that! ). But there are more than a few clustered around him, acolyte style, some of them being paid. What exactly does the new co-promoter do?

Now there I agree with you but the comment was made about Buster not KL management. Love to get an answer to your last sentence although I have seen him retweet a few things from riders etc:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I stand corrected.  obviously  he was not up to date with all the many rule changes.    You say the new system is fairer,   you'll have to forgive me for not agreeing with you .   Under the new system the supporter  never gains and loses out everytime a meeting is called off.        

Years ago the supporters were appreciated and treated as a valued commodity,  not anymore.   You don't have to think very hard to see why the numbers are dwindling  fast..      Of those many fans who had been waiting for hours  before leaving ,    I cant imagine  they'll  be too keen to come again  when they learn they will only  receive a small adjustment from their initial £18.00 they forked out...

Not quite true and Wednesday is a good example why.

Back in the 70s and 80s, meetings were rushed through to heat six, because at that point, there was NO refund.

On Wednesday, there were six races, and yet there should still be discounted admission for those with re-admission tickets.

A supporter on Wednesday is better off under the new system than the old system.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mrss said:

Ffs. What is a matter with people? Worrying about a few pounds off the next meeting. Riders were badly hurt last night and all people do on here is moan about the meeting being abandoned.

Maybe you could step in and remburse these people as you don’t worry about the money, just the riders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Nowhere did I suggest he was but I know from personal experience that Buster is very caring and the well being of all of his employees /riders is of prime concern to him and his family. Now that might not be what you want to hear or fit in with folks perception of him but it's true.

For years SL I thought the same, never criticised Buster or anything King's Lynn. Like some of the other Stars supporters on here, I would shoot people down for negativity. For me I feel in the last 2-3 years supporters seem to have become a burden to him. Years ago us fan where so important to him, immediately on the mic to explain what's going on etc. Going by what's been said with regards Wednesday it seems he didn't want to address anything. In the past when he got heckled on the mic he'd answer back. To just hand the mic back and walk off isn't the Buster you and I remember. 

The way he handled situations last season was nothing short of appalling.

People obviously say you should move on, go or don't go, but when the club you so used to love starts to fall apart why should I just disappear. I want King's Lynn as a club to be great again, an atmospheric place to be for everybody. 

The Premiership Buster is a totally different monster than the Premier League Buster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Not quite true and Wednesday is a good example why.

Back in the 70s and 80s, meetings were rushed through to heat six, because at that point, there was NO refund.

On Wednesday, there were six races, and yet there should still be discounted admission for those with re-admission tickets.

A supporter on Wednesday is better off under the new system than the old system.

The rules may be better than years gone by but we're talking about King's Lynn. 

In years gone by Buster would always allow any 1 of the next 3 meetings or the rearranged fixture free for 8 or less heats. £1 off each heat not run from 9 to 12.

Regardless of the rules anyway if a result doesn't stand fans are ripped off and people are turning away from the sport because of it.

People are picking and choosing fixtures due to the weather, what happened Wednesday may see people go once or twice a year, or never again.

• Like 1

When are people going to realise that Wednesday's abandonment was the right decision? No one is to blame , there was no other option.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, mrss said:

When are people going to realise that Wednesday's abandonment was the right decision? No one is to blame , there was no other option.

I think it’s more the timing of the decision rather than the decision itself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Maybe you could step in and remburse these people as you don’t worry about the money, just the riders. 

Lewis isn't going to earn anything for a while now. He has a peg ant wife and a Young child to support. Kaspar isn't earning either. So fans worrying about 8 or 10 pounds refund is insignificant.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mrss said:

Lewis isn't going to earn anything for a while now. He has a peg ant wife and a Young child to support. Kaspar isn't earning either. So fans worrying about 8 or 10 pounds refund is insignificant.

So are you saying that the takings from the meeting will be given to Lewis???

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

Here here. 

Great gesture. Well done. 

Should fans PM you?

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

For years SL I thought the same, never criticised Buster or anything King's Lynn. Like some of the other Stars supporters on here, I would shoot people down for negativity. For me I feel in the last 2-3 years supporters seem to have become a burden to him. Years ago us fan where so important to him, immediately on the mic to explain what's going on etc. Going by what's been said with regards Wednesday it seems he didn't want to address anything. In the past when he got heckled on the mic he'd answer back. To just hand the mic back and walk off isn't the Buster you and I remember. 

The way he handled situations last season was nothing short of appalling.

People obviously say you should move on, go or don't go, but when the club you so used to love starts to fall apart why should I just disappear. I want King's Lynn as a club to be great again, an atmospheric place to be for everybody. 

The Premiership Buster is a totally different monster than the Premier League Buster.

One difference now he’s Chairperson of the BSPA my guess he has to bite his tongue while he’s in this position- imagine how it look if he had a right go over the PA and being Chairperson of the league can imagine the comments on here -

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mrss said:

It's about how the fans are treated by KLS ( and that Is Buster ) I will happily give 50% of my refund to Lewis. How much will I be donating Buster?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mrss said:

That's a phrase I haven't heard to describe someone's wife. Little offensive. 

As for earning nothing, that's part and parcel of injuries to self employed worker's. 

Don't see people scrambling to raise money for self employed worker's that fall off scaffolding daily.

Wasn't being offensive at all. I meant pregnant , you know I did. 

5 hours ago, mrss said:

I don't think anybody is saying it shouldn't have been abandoned... it should have been abandoned at the point the only ambulance on site went off to the hospital

4 hours ago, mrss said:

Boo Hoo! I'm currently out of work, zero income, I paid £18 to watch that debacle on Wednesday night... unfortunately I can't rely on insurance payments. Also where was Buster's compassion when he binned off Batchelor and Holder the other year, knowing full well they wouldn't be able to find alternative employment in this country for the rest of that season?

Edited by iainb