British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Kings Lynn v Leicester Lions 4/7/2018

KING’S LYNN Stars have moved to clarify discount available to fans who attended Wednesday’s abandoned clash with Leicester.

The meeting was called to a halt nine races short and the result does not stand after serious leg injuries to Stars racer Lewis Kerr and a shoulder injury for Kasper Andersen.

As a consequence fans producing their readmission ticket from Wednesday at a future Stars meeting will be given a £9 discount in accordance with the standard policy of £1 off per heat lost.

In addition, King’s Lynn Speedway have taken the decision to have two ambulances at future meetings to avoid delays in the unfortunate event of crashes and injuries which require hospital attention.

Tru Plant Stars chief Keith Chapman said: “First and foremost our thoughts remain very much with Lewi and Kasper, that’s our priority.

“I can’t explain how much of a tough night it was for everyone at the club on Wednesday and I think the majority of fans realise it was just one of those nights.

“We’ve taken the decision to engage two ambulances at future meetings to avoid delays and I hope clarification of discount on entry to a future meeting on production of a readmission ticket from Wednesday avoid any confusion.

“Once again we thank all our fans, sponsors and Track staff for their loyal support. Also we apologise again for the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Wednesday but I’m certain everyone will join me in wishing Lewi and Kasper well. They are two great guys.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I don't think anybody is saying it shouldn't have been abandoned... it should have been abandoned at the point the only ambulance on site went off to the hospital

Boo Hoo! I'm currently out of work, zero income, I paid £18 to watch that debacle on Wednesday night... unfortunately I can't rely on insurance payments. Also where was Buster's compassion when he binned off Batchelor and Holder the other year, knowing full well they wouldn't be able to find alternative employment in this country for the rest of that season?

Not being funny if you are out of work and with zero income what an earth are you doing attending speedway for £18 for.

• Like 1

Quite the right thing to do KLS and promptly done too. Keep the customer satisfied ( well as much as possible ). 

35 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Not being funny if you are out of work and with zero income what an earth are you doing attending speedway for £18 for.

Believe me, I was asking myself the very same question!

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

KING’S LYNN Stars have moved to clarify discount available to fans who attended Wednesday’s abandoned clash with Leicester.

The meeting was called to a halt nine races short and the result does not stand after serious leg injuries to Stars racer Lewis Kerr and a shoulder injury for Kasper Andersen.

As a consequence fans producing their readmission ticket from Wednesday at a future Stars meeting will be given a £9 discount in accordance with the standard policy of £1 off per heat lost.

In addition, King’s Lynn Speedway have taken the decision to have two ambulances at future meetings to avoid delays in the unfortunate event of crashes and injuries which require hospital attention.

Tru Plant Stars chief Keith Chapman said: “First and foremost our thoughts remain very much with Lewi and Kasper, that’s our priority.

“I can’t explain how much of a tough night it was for everyone at the club on Wednesday and I think the majority of fans realise it was just one of those nights.

“We’ve taken the decision to engage two ambulances at future meetings to avoid delays and I hope clarification of discount on entry to a future meeting on production of a readmission ticket from Wednesday avoid any confusion.

“Once again we thank all our fans, sponsors and Track staff for their loyal support. Also we apologise again for the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Wednesday but I’m certain everyone will join me in wishing Lewi and Kasper well. They are two great guys.”

I think he's gone far and above the admission refund hasn't he?!? I thought they only count £1 back from heat 10 but he included to heat 15.

Any 1 of the remaining home fixtures for £9 is just about satisfactory.

Well done Mr K Chapman

• Like 5