British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Kings Lynn v Leicester Lions 4/7/2018

Call me cynical,    but that re-run of heat 6 was of the utmost importance.     Had the meeting been abandoned  when Kerr had his accident , it would have meant a full refund to each and every spectator.      But even though  the time was 10-20pm,  the ht6 rerun was eventually raced ,  The difference of that race alters  the responsibility  to the club significantly,   they now only have to re-pay a small portion of any re-admission.

Now the ball is firmly in the promotion's court,       Did the fans stand-about for 2 hours,  giving the club the opportunity to rip them off,    or will the club re-emburse them all for their  willingness  to stop behind to  see more racing....              No doubt we will  all wait for the answer...…  

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Call me cynical

Cynical

At least it's nice to see a short apology on the website, just a few sentences explaining what happened and a sorry for those fans that left well before the end and have no doubt hit the website looking for an apology/explanation...

Oh that's right... absolutely nothing... you reap what you sew

"8.2 The minimum Personnel and Facilities required at a Speedway Meeting (including an Amateur Meeting) are: one (1) Medical Officer one (1) Ambulance with a Driver and Attendant one (1) Medical Treatment Facility four (4) First Aid Staff The minimum Personnel and Facilities required at a Training Session (but not one that also includes a Meeting of any sort) is one (1) Medical Treatment Facility plus 2 First Aid Staff. 8.2.1 The Medical Treatment facility may be a 2 nd fully equipped Ambulance or a designated Medical Room, with good access, is well lit, dry, windproof and heated with curtains or similar at all windows, has a chair/couch or similar, a supply of basic medical equipment and facilities for hand washing with hot and cold water. NB. If this is a 2 nd Ambulance appropriately qualified persons must be available to supervise a casualty"

So KL doing the bare minimum?

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

"8.2 The minimum Personnel and Facilities required at a Speedway Meeting (including an Amateur Meeting) are: one (1) Medical Officer one (1) Ambulance with a Driver and Attendant one (1) Medical Treatment Facility four (4) First Aid Staff The minimum Personnel and Facilities required at a Training Session (but not one that also includes a Meeting of any sort) is one (1) Medical Treatment Facility plus 2 First Aid Staff. 8.2.1 The Medical Treatment facility may be a 2 nd fully equipped Ambulance or a designated Medical Room, with good access, is well lit, dry, windproof and heated with curtains or similar at all windows, has a chair/couch or similar, a supply of basic medical equipment and facilities for hand washing with hot and cold water. NB. If this is a 2 nd Ambulance appropriately qualified persons must be available to supervise a casualty"

So KL doing the bare minimum?

A reasonable size , fully equipped treatment room, which I'm sure Lynn is, has far more space to allow ease of treatment of patients. Ambulances are not exactly spacious or indeed comfortable. I assume both room and 2nd ambulance are merely holding facilities and not used for emergency treatment.

I respect your right to a differing opinion tho.

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

A reasonable size , fully equipped treatment room, which I'm sure Lynn is, has far more space to allow ease of treatment of patients. Ambulances are not exactly spacious or indeed comfortable. I assume both room and 2nd ambulance are merely holding facilities and not used for emergency treatment.

I respect your right to a differing opinion tho.

It's ok it being a holding area if the county ambulance arrives within minutes, you couldn't expect an injured rider to wait there for 3 hours, as they didn't... that's when a lack of on site ambulances is a problem

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Call me cynical,    but that re-run of heat 6 was of the utmost importance.     Had the meeting been abandoned  when Kerr had his accident , it would have meant a full refund to each and every spectator.      But even though  the time was 10-20pm,  the ht6 rerun was eventually raced ,  The difference of that race alters  the responsibility  to the club significantly,   they now only have to re-pay a small portion of any re-admission.

Now the ball is firmly in the promotion's court,       Did the fans stand-about for 2 hours,  giving the club the opportunity to rip them off,    or will the club re-emburse them all for their  willingness  to stop behind to  see more racing....              No doubt we will  all wait for the answer...…  

from what i saw last night it seemed it was the ref that wanted to continue

Ffs. What is a matter with people? Worrying about a few pounds off the next meeting. Riders were badly hurt last night and all people do on here is moan about the meeting being abandoned.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mrss said:

Ffs. What is a matter with people? Worrying about a few pounds off the next meeting. Riders were badly hurt last night and all people do on here is moan about the meeting being abandoned.

The point is it was all so avoidable... but that doesn't seem to bother you all the way up there on the moral high ground. 

Just because a rider gets injured that doesn't make it OK for the promoter to mug the punters off

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Incorrect.

Five races before Heat 10 means a £5 discount.  The extra race only cost spectators £1.

Edited by lucifer sam

is it true riders asked for bend 1&2 to be graded but buster said NO and made them ride?????

I was informed that if the meeting is called off before the completion of heat 6 then full reimbursement  or subsequent admission  is paid out...... 

He may have got this wrong,  but usually he pretty clued up on these things....         Looking back to last night  on how late they ran that race,  it all adds up to that being the case.....

59 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I was informed that if the meeting is called off before the completion of heat 6 then full reimbursement  or subsequent admission  is paid out...... 

He may have got this wrong,  but usually he pretty clued up on these things....         Looking back to last night  on how late they ran that race,  it all adds up to that being the case.....

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Incorrect.

Five races before Heat 10 means a £5 discount.  The extra race only cost spectators £1.

lucifer Sam is a speedway administrator so I'd put my mortgage on him being right.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

He's about 10 years out of date - that was the old system.

The new one was devised to be fairer - sometimes the supporters loses out, sometimes they gain.  It's £1 back for each incompleted race before Heat 10.  Once Heat 10 is done and dusted, there's no refund.

If six races are run, then for the re-staging you receive a £4 discount.

Sometimes you will get an exception.  For example, a couple of years ago a meeting was called off at Scunthorpe after just two races, and promoter Rob Godfrey decided on a full refund for the re-staging as a goodwill gesture, rather than a discount.

To be fair to Buster regarding last night, he still has 6 races to pay out riders.  So I would expect he will use the standard readmission policy of reduced admission for the re-staging.