British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Leicester 04/07/18

stars_leicester.jpg

NIELS-Kristian Iversen reckons the shackles of his shoulder injury have finally been broken as he prepares to lead King’s Lynn against Leicester on Wednesday (7.30).

The Tru Plants Stars number one fired a fearsome signal of intent last week with a five-ride full maximum in the 45-45 draw at Somerset.

That was only his fourth UK appearance since coming back from mid-season surgery and provided the Dane with a much-needed boost.

“I am able to look forward now, I feel like I am going in the right direction and know that with time and some hard work that I will be back to where I want to be again,” said Iversen.

“It has been difficult, especially when you come to meetings knowing you are not totally right.

“Getting the physical or psychological advantage to be on top of your game is very tough but things are what they are. 

“I just have to get through it and treat it for what it is. That’s the best way to get back to my best shape.”

King’s Lynn will operate rider replacement for Michael Palm Toft at number three. One ride can be taken by Lewis Kerr with the others divided between Kasper Andersen and Ty Proctor.

With new averages kicking in for this meeting, Proctor rides from number seven with the rest of the Stars team order unchanged. New recruits Ricky Wells and Charles Wright feature in a full one-to-seven for the Lions. Ryan Kinsley is King’s Lynn’s number eight.

*To read the full interview with Iversen on the decision to have his operation mid-season and a look back at his third career maximum at Somerset, pick up a copy of the club’s official programme at the track. It is packed with content and a bargain at £3. 

KING'S LYNN: Niels-Kristian Iversen, Lewis Kerr, R/R for Michael Palm Toft, Thomas Jorgensen, Robert Lambert, Kasper Andersen, Ty Proctor.

LEICESTER: Kenneth Bjerre, Krystian Pieszczek, Ricky Wells, Charles Wright, Hans Andersen, James Sarjeant, Todd Kurtz.

From kingslynnstars.co

Apologies, just seen there is already a thread :oops: