British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Berwick 06/07/2018 7:30pm Ch

So it feels like the 2018 season is just about to start when the Comets are up against the Berwick Bandits for this Friday evening clash that starts at 7:30pm.

As far as I am aware the Comets will be at full strength, not sure about the Berwick line up.

A league campaign that will be squeezed into about two months, unless we qualify in the top four. 

Comets are at full strength on Friday, new green sheet averages are also now effective for Friday.

Main changes are that Rasmus Jensen moves to reserve for the Comets, and Doolan moves to Number 1 for Berwick.

Rene Bach 7.53
Ty Proctor 7.18
Nicolai Klindt 7.13
Dan Bewley 6.34
Mason Campton 6.08
Rasmus Jensen 5.92
Kyle Bickley 2.00

Kevin Doolan 6.85
Aaron Summers 6.66
David Howe 6.06
Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 5.97
Jye Etheridge 5.88
Daniel Gappmaier 5.79
Theo Pijper 4.40

While I know we have strength in depth Team ,I can't understand having your so called No1 riding at 2..But hey who cares.

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

While I know we have strength in depth Team ,I can't understand having your so called No1 riding at 2..But hey who cares.

Abverages dictate otherwise, we still have 4 second strings 3 reserves however

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Comets are at full strength on Friday, new green sheet averages are also now effective for Friday.

Main changes are that Rasmus Jensen moves to reserve for the Comets, and Doolan moves to Number 1 for Berwick.

Rene Bach 7.53
Ty Proctor 7.18
Nicolai Klindt 7.13
Dan Bewley 6.34
Mason Campton 6.08
Rasmus Jensen 5.92
Kyle Bickley 2.00

Kevin Doolan 6.85
Aaron Summers 6.66
David Howe 6.06
Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 5.97
Jye Etheridge 5.88
Daniel Gappmaier 5.79
Theo Pijper 4.40

Providing he rides of course, Rene will complete his 4th Home meeting, and thus qualify for a new average effective 7 days after the Berwick meeting (July 13th).

With his "Current" average being 5.73, as long as he fails to score more than 8 ponts (from 4 rides) or 9 points (From 5 rides) he will effectively be at reserve from July 13th.

56 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Abverages dictate otherwise, we still have 4 second strings 3 reserves however

What I meant was now that Summers is not No 1 in averages why do we not use him at 3 or 5. Which IMO would give the team abetter balance .

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What I meant was now that Summers is not No 1 in averages why do we not use him at 3 or 5. Which IMO would give the team abetter balance .

The teams I posted are just in order of averages, not actual riding order.

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

The teams I posted are just in order of averages, not actual riding order.

Thanks,did not realise that,must wait and see riding order then

Also the Border Trophy at stake

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I wouldn’t think that is the riding order, more numerical order by averages perhaps  ?

34 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

I wouldn’t think that is the riding order, more numerical order by averages perhaps  ?

That has been pointed out by the person that put the teams up,to which I replied!

Interesting piece in the whitehaven news about disabled viewing at home meetings cant see the prob with letting wheelchairs on the bends their are allready chairs watching from there , sad news about rye house hope its not the first of many .

• Like 2