British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Berwick 06/07/2018 7:30pm Ch

33 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

to be fair even though they didn't really look like winning Berwick were better than the score suggests 

We always are;)

10 hours ago, scaramanga said:

never close to heat advantage  but were closer than some teams this year that went away with more points

Edited by Taylorj

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

We always are;)

You obviously weren’t there tonight :rofl:

10 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

what happened to people having opinions...

shocking from Berwick... again

Edited by Taylorj

The scoreline maybe does not reflect it, but there was some good racing tonight, mainly from the Comets it has to be said with  some great passes and determined riding by Rene, Dan and Razzer. Nicolai got his maximum, but everyone chipped in and Kyle looked on the pace and will be in the points soon I am sure. Apart from Summers the Bandits were very poor but I am sure they will be a different proposition tomorrow/today. Should be a good meeting.

• Like 5

Lot of dust to start with but after a few heats watering got rid of most of it.

Usual very decent Derwent Park meeting, my highlight Bewley's last to first in one lap in heat 14. 

Berwick were poor and Workington will face much tougher tests but take nothing away from the Comets, they were impressive.

All done in just over 90 minutes. Anyone missing the interval ? 

• Like 3

Lets just face facts, Berwick just isn't very good away from home these days, and haven't been for a season or two. i know its a different fixture but the last time we went to Workington Berwick came away with a creditable draw, how can they be 14pts worse off.

Any announcement as to why NB Jacobsen was missing.

Think he was riding in Denmark 

8 hours ago, Taylorj said:

You obviously weren’t there tonight :rofl:

as judge Rinder says .. obviously ..  WAS !

shocking  . no not really . comets were good .

you will never take over my mantle t. . its mine forever ..

Edited by jenga

9 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

This is a pet hate of mine and I don't know if it is the same at every track, but why can't supporters wait 2 minutes to applaud their team on their lap of honour. The riders put their butts on the line to provide us with entertainment surely the least we can do is hang back and show them that we appreciate their efforts.

Well said... it annoys the life out of me!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

This is a pet hate of mine and I don't know if it is the same at every track, but why can't supporters wait 2 minutes to applaud their team on their lap of honour. The riders put their butts on the line to provide us with entertainment surely the least we can do is hang back and show them that we appreciate their efforts.

some are only there to see the score line then head to the bar 

the amount over the years you see heading towards the exit after heat 14 is strange

they don't leave just want to be the first out as soon as riders are crossing the line in ht 15 

10 hours ago, Taylorj said:

had second thoughts about that post tj ?

lucky someone quoted it , innit !