British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Berwick 06/07/2018 7:30pm Ch

Just now, jenga said:

had second thoughts about that post tj ?

lucky someone quoted it , innit !

So last night I finally found out who the infamous Jenga is :approve: So now I know what you look like and who you are .... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

So last night I finally found out who the infamous Jenga is :approve: So now I know what you look like and who you are .... 

and ?

you only know what people have told you and that will be old news . 

i also know what you look like and who you are , but who cares ?

shouldnt you be getting ready to go to Berwick ?

Edited by jenga

1 minute ago, jenga said:

and ?

you only know what people have told you and that will be old news . 

i also know what you look like and who you are , but who cares ?

shouldnt you be getting ready to go to Berwick ?

That’s the difference Jenga everyone knows who I am , you however like to hide behind your keyboard ... not anymore as I will be pointing you out to a lot more people ;) plenty of time before heading to Berwick , you not going ? You could have stood with us on second bend  I could have introduced you :lol:

• Haha 1

no , not going to Berwick , have not been for a while (ben fund last one ) 

you will find it  hard to point me out to someone that does not know me . as Mr Whitehead pointed out a few weeks ago, i am well known to a lot of workington fans . looks like you have been left behind in the information stakes . but now you know me , come along and say hello . we are all in this together . next meeting is a while away . just enough time to grow a beard and dye my hair lol .

safe and sunny journey to you . hope its a good result and well  worth the travel .

i think there is some kind of football match on and a GP on bt .  so for me , its feet up Chinese , a few scoops  and  some decent telly .  having some people round to watch both , could be the last time in this house that i see speedway on tv as i am moving to a bigger house in the next week or so . so it could go quiet on the posting foe a wee while . nappy daze .

have a good time up there .

1 hour ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

This is a pet hate of mine and I don't know if it is the same at every track, but why can't supporters wait 2 minutes to applaud their team on their lap of honour. The riders put their butts on the line to provide us with entertainment surely the least we can do is hang back and show them that we appreciate their efforts.

Never been any different.....some people still seem to think they will be stuck in traffic so make a dash to avoid that....it would be very nice to see traffic galore nowadays lol...although I did think it was a decent turnout last night.....something around 800/900 being my guesstimate ????

• Like 1

Am away in Greece at the moment, was anything said that nite when the next meeting is ? Or does Xmas come 1st :)

19 minutes ago, Neila said:

Am away in Greece at the moment, was anything said that nite when the next meeting is ? Or does Xmas come 1st :)

Hoping for July 28th but don't rush back, just beware of Greek's bearing gifts for the time being!! :D

32 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Never been any different.....some people still seem to think they will be stuck in traffic so make a dash to avoid that....it would be very nice to see traffic galore nowadays lol...although I did think it was a decent turnout last night.....something around 800/900 being my guesstimate ????

Really???? :blink:

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Wow Julie, sounds like the branch of the mafia in Workington

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shazza13 said:

Well said... it annoys the life out of me!

Annoyed me for year's this end of meeting exodus. Just find it so disrespectful that 300/400 people can't hang fire for five minutes, with so little speedway action to watch thesedays what's the rush? :(

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

Really???? :blink:

Yep... "Really????" re exodus at heat 15, same thing happens at 'final hooter' of Town match.......but not sure re 'guesstimate'......but certainly more than 400 though.

20 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Yep... "Really????" re exodus at heat 15, same thing happens at 'final hooter' of Town match.......but not sure re 'guesstimate'......but certainly more than 400 though.

Well I hope your right as it certainly didn't look anywhere near 800/900 from my viewpoint? 

Would like it to be so tho as with four meetings to pay for out of it this week there will be very little change by the end of it? :(

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

Well I hope your right as it certainly didn't look anywhere near 800/900 from my viewpoint? 

Would like it to be so tho as with four meetings to pay for out of it this week there will be very little change by the end of it? :(

Even my optimistic 800/900 isn't going to cover that outgoing then is it? And it must be awful for those promoting the Comets.....hope they manage tho.

It's a great sport but sadly the general public have in the main lost interest in it........Possibly one Division looms for 2019?

Is there any club, in all 3 divisions, running at a good profit......?  I'll answer that myself in that I can't think of any club not struggling.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Even my optimistic 800/900 isn't going to cover that outgoing then is it? And it must be awful for those promoting the Comets.....hope they manage tho.

It's a great sport but sadly the general public have in the main lost interest in it........Possibly one Division looms for 2019?

Is there any club, in all 3 divisions, running at a good profit......?  I'll answer that myself in that I can't think of any club not struggling.

Maybe 2 divisions.
Division one - The clubs that can just about get by
Division two - The teams that struggle more than most
Perhaps even have the Northern and Southern tours too for some teams 
Also was thinking for the division two they could run 5/6 man teams to lessen the amount of money being paid and still run only 1 less heat 

For what it's worth, my own opinion is that interest waned in speedway when it was lost to terrestrial TV, what is shown is not always indicative of the product available, sadly for most out of sight really is out of mind? :(