British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Berwick 06/07/2018 7:30pm Ch

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

450/500?

Former rather than the latter for me but whatever we're getting it's nowhere near enough considering the potential this team is showing? :(

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

Former rather than the latter for me but whatever we're getting it's nowhere near enough considering the potential this team is showing? :(

Don't forget the grandstand has 1200 seats, and often looks at least half full to me? :unsure: and often more like the Glasgow meeting 2 weeks ago

27 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Don't forget the grandstand has 1200 seats, and often looks at least half full to me? :unsure: and often more like the Glasgow meeting 2 weeks ago

I'd prefer it to be full myself but I know what you mean, team deserves better!! :t:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

I'd prefer it to be full myself but I know what you mean, team deserves better!! :t:

young kyle starting to get closer if he can start getting among the points this team are defiantly  tittle contenders 

but the team needs support from fans and a little help from other teams in rearranging fixtures without politics and gamesmanship

if this is to be the last season for Workington what better way to end than going all the way 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, scaramanga said:

young kyle starting to get closer if he can start getting among the points this team are defiantly  tittle contenders 

but the team needs support from fans and a little help from other teams in rearranging fixtures without politics and gamesmanship

if this is to be the last season for Workington what better way to end than going all the way 

Excellent post.

23 hours ago, scaramanga said:

I think Kyle is a good little prospect, however, I think he needed another year at N.L. level and he should not have signed foe his local club far too much pressure on him.  He will get there though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I think Kyle is a good little prospect, however, I think he needed another year at N.L. level and he should not have signed foe his local club far too much pressure on him.  He will get there though

Pressure from whom? Management who say he is there to learn and develop and defeats are down to the other six?

Or the skipper who said in last week's Speedway Star that he's not there to score points, but -- yes -- to learn and develop?

He's still got NL this year and what amounts to a bonus season of learning other tracks without expectation.

Agree with you, he'll get there. There are different routes and he'll crack it.

But there's no outside pressure on him at all.

• Like 3

%99.9 of home fans are happy with kyle. he is learning and he is doing it in front of marras . one day it will come . management and fans are backing this young un all the way . 

we no panic .

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Pressure from whom? Management who say he is there to learn and develop and defeats are down to the other six?

Or the skipper who said in last week's Speedway Star that he's not there to score points, but -- yes -- to learn and develop?

He's still got NL this year and what amounts to a bonus season of learning other tracks without expectation.

Agree with you, he'll get there. There are different routes and he'll crack it.

But there's no outside pressure on him at all.

Its not the pressure placed on him, but the pressure to the rider wanting to do well in front of a home crowd. As said he is a good prospect, for his sake hope he gets where he wants to be, through is efforts for which ever team he rides for.  His speedway career should always take priority, to achieve that loyalty to a local club should go out of the window, unless of course he can benefit from it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Its not the pressure placed on him, but the pressure to the rider wanting to do well in front of a home crowd. As said he is a good prospect, for his sake hope he gets where he wants to be, through is efforts for which ever team he rides for.  His speedway career should always take priority, to achieve that loyalty to a local club should go out of the window, unless of course he can benefit from it

Right, got you. Hopefully Kyle can benefit from this season of Championship experience. Of course he wants to do well, as indeed would any young rider, especially for his local club. Fans appear to be behind him and that's always helpful.

As long as Kyle gets good track time this year i'm happy as he still has years to go in Speedway.

Workington have certainly opened peoples eyes this year with their turnaround from last season.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, Carlislecomet2 said:

This is a pet hate of mine and I don't know if it is the same at every track, but why can't supporters wait 2 minutes to applaud their team on their lap of honour. The riders put their butts on the line to provide us with entertainment surely the least we can do is hang back and show them that we appreciate their efforts.

Same at football matches. Fans are there for 90+ minutes including injury time but leave 2 minutes early to miss the build up of traffic. A lot can happen, & often does, in 2 minutes. 

Kyle is in a similar boat to Danny Phillips except Danny is coming back from injury. At no6, he is riding with better riders & against opponents 1 & 2 then 3 & 4 so his biggest point scoring opportunity is heat 2.