British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Sheffield v Ipswich 5/7/18 Championship

Just now, Adrian Brownell said:

We the tigers could do with a better guest than proctor 

Wish he was ours!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think Cam needs to get his head in the right space and then it will all click again

Lets hope it starts tonight...

Both teams have had a similar frustrating start to the season and both now seem more settled at home so Sheffield should be in control

Nicol has been a good signing for the Tigers - hopefully Jonas can be the same for us

Expect nothing, hope for a point, any more would be a dream

Agree with all that, Cam is key, show some of last seasons form and we could even win the meeting. 

Nico has been top drawer. Sometimes an injury lay off can work in your favour. At the start of the season, he was struggling as much as Cam and just couldn’t get going. 

An unfortunate injury gave him time to wipe the slate clean and come back firing. He’s done just that. 

I was surprised to see one or two question whether he was worth retaining this year on his average. I personally would have him first on the team sheet for two reasons. 

Firstly, he’s the type of rider you pay your money to go and watch, a racer. Secondly, he’s normally bar the odd blip, very consistent away from home. 

Not sure if it’s changed, but a season or two ago he had the best away average of the entire team. You have to win your home meetings of course, but picking up away points is crucial also and Nico contributes hugely to that. 

I’d much prefer to have someone like that in my team, than someone like Ludvig Lindgren a similar average, who is awesome at home but struggles for points on the road (with all due respect). 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

The thing with nico is when he is on it he is fantastic to watch, like you say a rider worth paying to watch, but at the start of season and not on it, he offers nothing, cos he only does one thing.  Like you though one of first names on team sheet.  Also like you say, one of our if not our best away rider.  Rory nico and Scott should come away with a huge points tally between them. As for the others I'm not so sure and one I can't judge as have never seen.  So it really could be anything from a stuffing to a win tonight, but at least one point is vital......so come on Heeps, shove it up a keyboard warrior like me.

• Like 3

The witches getting anything from this meeting hinges on heeps to be honest - he was superb around owlerton when I watched a meeting there last year so let’s hope he can fill in with 7/8 points to support big guns and hopefully we’ll come away with something 

I have just noticed that Camo is Ippo Captain tonight!! Will that added responsibility improve or hinder?? 

• Like 1

Should thrive on it, guess that's why they have done it. A get out there and show up type thing

• Like 1

Sheffield 10 points up but I’m tipping a win for Ipswich. Sheffield have been very lucky so far. I will of course remove this comment in a few races if Sheffield maintain their lead. 

Edited by Tricky
  • Haha 1