British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Sheffield v Ipswich 5/7/18 Championship

As I said wish we'd had proctor for guest

15 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Sheffield 10 points up but I’m tipping a win for Ipswich. Sheffield have been very lucky so far. I will of course remove this comment in a few races if Sheffield maintain their lead. 

not now you wont .lol :nono:

• Haha 1

Someone obviously doesnt like us!! :angry:

Fingers crossed Cam is OK

It was a pity there was a big crash early on, it was building up to be a good meeting but it all changed after that, I think it would have been a different result otherwise.  I thought Covatti was excellent.   Don't know what was matter with the track but they seemed to have difficulty riding it with a lot of bucking broncos going on.

Witches had a fair bit of bad luck tonight and it could have been much closer.

Schlein packed up on the first bend in heat one, Mountain and Smith were on a 5-1 in heat two and, at the very same spot, Smith slid off and Mountain packed up, turning it into a Tigers 5-1.

Then there was the big crash with Heeps coming off worst and Nicholls slid of as well.

Covatti was great and keep an eye of Jeppesen. He's a real trier, a bit wild, but very exciting to watch.

Well done Sheffield, losing 2 riders isn't ideal but they dug in deep and won. Gutted for Lasse, Broc and Cameron, speedy recovery to all.

17 hours ago, Adrian Brownell said:

We the tigers could do with a better guest than proctor 

LOL...12 PAID 13 NOT GOOD ENOUGH THEN  ?  :icon_smile_clown:

Some very entertaining racing last night .shanes was brilliant as was Todd Kurtz ,proctor did a good job standing in for Kyle.For Ipswich covatti was the stand out rider.when Kurtz and proctor went either side of Nichols in heat 15 I don't think Scott was expecting it,he was shaking his head as he crossed the line at the end of lap one.With 3 heats remaining I expected Ipswich to win,on paper they looked stronger.Hope the riders involved in the crashes recover quickly.Bjerre was at fault for his crash as he clipped Heaps back wheel at high speed in a crash that could been a lot worse.

17 hours ago, Adrian Brownell said:

He is not a no1 we will miss kyle

Whoops.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Adrian Brownell said:

We the tigers could do with a better guest than proctor 

:rolleyes: Really ??? Well done Ty :drink:

• Like 2

Todd Kurtz is looking like Sheffield's most improved rider of 2018. He's starting to take on that rare quality of looking very hard to beat round Owlerton. I assume he's been taking lessons from Steady because he's started doing that "slingshot" thing out of bend 2 which was a Stead hallmark but which Kyle, Lasse and Charles have all also perfected.

That was a very entertaining meeting, Plenty of overtaking, a couple of nasty crashes, how the riders get up from those high speed crashes is beyond me. I hope both Lasse and Cameron make speedy recoveries. Todd Kurtz gets better with every home meeting. Both Tiger's reserves especially James are also starting to show us what they can do. We need to pick up some points away from Owlerton and with a bit of luck we could get in the playoffs. Plus no more injuries please. Utt

Richie Hawkins says in his match report Cameron nursing a concussion but it’s not too bad and won’t be out for longer than the compulsory 7days which is good news! Lucky from such a big off! Hopefully lasse be good soon too!