According to Rosco tonight 

Semi Final 

Leg 1 • 3rd v 2nd

Leg 2 • 2nd v 3rd

Final

Leg 1 • 2nd/3rd v 1st

Leg 2 • 1st v 2nd/3rd

• Haha 1

Good idea. Keeps Poole further behind too.  :)

Wouldn't surprise me - not the first time that the play-off rules have been changed mid-season!!

So you have had a bet on a team you think will finish top four and one to one could win the play offs. Taking away a play off place is not the answer and yet again changing the terms of any season ticket holders.

say Swindon finish top, they have lost two Rye House meetings plus a play off semi final and then get to see their team in a final who haven't ridden for two weeks or had a home meeting for possibly a month

• Like 1

How does this sit with all the fans who shouted down the Brit fans after the SON by saying we knew the rules when we started?

Bet 365 have Poole joint 2nd favourites, behind the Robins to win  the league this season 

Wow, a rule change that benefits teams financially to finish 2nd or 3rd rather than 1st.

Can see it now, the team at the top throws meetings at home against their 2nd & 3rd placed rivals

Would be hilarious if this is true :rofl:

17 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Can't change rules mid-season, just plain daft!

The sport has been daft for a long time then - has happened regularly and will continue to do so Im sure

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Can't change rules mid-season, just plain daft!

2018 rulebook is being altered on a weekly basis, this alteration would be of no surprise 

To be honest, once Rye House left the league, it makes sense that the p/off places are reduced to 3. Personally I thought that would have been the way to go when there was only 8 teams in the league. It never made sense to me when 50% of the teams competing could make the p/offs.

• Like 2

I think this is a sensible decision if true. 4 of 7 teams in the playoffs would make it too easy to qualify for the postseason. 

So (if true) either the 2nd or 3rd teams get the chance to run an extra money spinning meeting that the top team doesn't? 

I would suggest that this would be tangibly worth more to clubs than actually winning a Competition that (because of the way it is operated) hardly anyone will care about. ..

To be honest,  given the current situation, when I read 'End Of Year Play Offs To Change' I expected to read that they had been changed to the end of July...:unsure:

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, DunRobin said:

To be honest, once Rye House left the league, it makes sense that the p/off places are reduced to 3. Personally I thought that would have been the way to go when there was only 8 teams in the league. It never made sense to me when 50% of the teams competing could make the p/offs.

Well it sure does when you are siting pretty on top of the league currently and only having lost 3 points for the home win against Rye.

Not much fun for those aiming for a top 4 place who lost more points like Poole losing 4 where it hits them more in their quest.

To me this obviously benefits your club and arguably works against your local rivals Poole but in fairness also other teams fighting for a top 4 even before Rye went to the wall.

Can we please have a rule that says the rules can only be changed at the AGM? Or would that be too difficult for the BSPA to understand?

• Like 2