British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Workington Championship & Border Trophy 7/7/18. 7pm

Take nothing away from Workington they thoroughly deserved their win, even more impressive when you consider they lost their best rider and were carrying young Bickley at reserve. Sadly it looks very much like yet another season that is going to peter out at Berwick, must admit, and this is the first time I`ve ever posted this but if last week and again this week is anything to go by the actual racing entertainment at Berwick is virtually zero with no passing of any note then I will certainly be picking and choosing my meetings from here on in, thing is there arent to many more meetings left to pick and choose from.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, havenagotahope said:

Sadly in the last 10 years it’s gone backwards every year. Not worth watching now, no passion no heart no racing 

I agree. Speedway at Berwick is dying a slow death. They say they have a fantastic product but I don't see it.

10 minutes ago, screm said:

Take nothing away from Workington they thoroughly deserved their win, even more impressive when you consider they lost their best rider and were carrying young Bickley at reserve. Sadly it looks very much like yet another season that is going to peter out at Berwick, must admit, and this is the first time I`ve ever posted this but if last week and again this week is anything to go by the actual racing entertainment at Berwick is virtually zero with no passing of any note then I will certainly be picking and choosing my meetings from here on in, thing is there arent to many more meetings left to pick and choose from.

More passing of wind from the ducket tea bar than riders passing on that track. 

• Like 2

Well done boys what a result !! 

But that has to be one of the most boring places to watch Speedway , think there was 1 pass possibly 2 all night ..gate and go fest the racing was crap thank god we don’t have to watch that week in week out, and if you take out the Worky fans tonight that was a poor crowd 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Looking like proper contenders now

I'm sure the powers that be are hatching a fiendish plot as we speak

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

so is there any news on ty 

Went down in a tight first turn in Ht3 but did walk back to the pits, seemed to have arm or shoulder injury, hopefully none to serious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, screm said:

Plenty of meetings left at DP (though we don't have a clue which days of the week they will be run), AND we get to see people overtake - you are most welcome.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Looking like proper contenders now

Agree,if you see the season out.

1 hour ago, screm said:

High speed follow the leader is all we are watching these days.

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Well done boys what a result !! 

But that has to be one of the most boring places to watch Speedway , think there was 1 pass possibly 2 all night ..gate and go fest the racing was crap thank god we don’t have to watch that week in week out, and if you take out the Worky fans tonight that was a poor crowd 

On par with your crowd levels this season I reckon.Agree regarding racing at Shielfield these days.

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

High speed follow the leader is all we are watching these days.

Thing is I dont expect every race to be a thriller, all i ask is value for my £15 entrance, IMO the last two weeks at the least have failed to deliver that.

• Like 2

I think the highlight of of the night was when I got crapped on by a passing seagull, maybe it was a comment on the racing  :party: