British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Workington Championship & Border Trophy 7/7/18. 7pm

12 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Did he own or part own The Castle at one time ? 

After he sold the bike shop in Foulford to Archy Meldrum, he bought the Hen & Chickens and The Castle Hotel, he also started up Bedrocks and ran it on a % for a consortium of local businessmen. All had gone  before he took over speedway

11 hours ago, topsoil said:

Interesting to see Peter Waite being lauded, when back in the day, I bet you could go onto these forum pages and see him getting slated by the fans.

I had a go at Peter many times, always to his face in first instance, sometimes he listened, you always knew when your argument had been won ho sloped off

23 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Probably a 1/3  of the paying adults would be paying £11 and not £15, that would bring the total down to about £8.500

Your maths bit out there marra....

1/3 of 750 = 250 x £11 = £2750.......plus remaining 500 x £15 = £7500.

£2750 + £7500 = £10250.

Just couldn't resist saying ok ......figures still don't add up to a speedway utopia for anyone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Your maths bit out there marra....

1/3 of 750 = 250 x £11 = £2750.......plus remaining 500 x £15 = £7500.

£2750 + £7500 = £10250.

Just couldn't resist saying ok ......figures still don't add up to a speedway utopia for anyone.

Calculator must be faulty, Hee Hee.

Remember John Anderson in a fans meeting claiming it cost £11,500 to actually run a meeting

20 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Remember John Anderson in a fans meeting claiming it cost £11,500 to actually run a meeting

Pardon my lack of Speedway nous......but does that figure include paying for the visitors points scored in the meeting? 

Or does a home gate income need to pay for the  'home teams' corresponding away meeting costs?

21 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Pardon my lack of Speedway nous......but does that figure include paying for the visitors points scored in the meeting? 

Or does a home gate income need to pay for the  'home teams' corresponding away meeting costs?

21 minutes ago, singy13 said:

It did when he said it the home team had to pay some of the visitors point money, I believe it was £25 per point.  The rules have changed, I believe the the gate money from a home meeting has to cover the whole of an away meeting as well, it works out the same anyway, bust cuts out the admin side of paying visitors.

12 minutes ago, concessionscol said:

have you got any jobs goingin your shop like must be a easy life mmmmmmmmm lollol

do you want me to send you  a fiver through the post so you ca attend the speedway on Saturday ?

Edited by jenga
just checking that i have a fiver spare !

1 minute ago, jenga said:

do you want me to send you  a fiver through the post so you ca attent the speedway on Saturday ?

mmmmmmmm thanks 

18 hours ago, tweedcider said:

A lot stop coming at 16 - there are a lot of other attractions that don’t carry a £15 price tag

Please tell me what else in berwick on a Saturday night you get for your £15, a chinese takeaway perhaps? four pints of beer? 

Edited by penchev
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

And you actually believed him? 

1 hour ago, penchev said:

Please tell me what else in berwick on a Saturday night you get for your £15, a chinese takeaway perhaps? four pints of beer? 

Might be better value for money for some by the looks of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

After he sold the bike shop in Foulford to Archy Meldrum, he bought the Hen & Chickens and The Castle Hotel, he also started up Bedrocks and ran it on a % for a consortium of local businessmen. All had gone  before he took over speedway

I'm sure Richard Knight stayed in the castle when he rode for Berwick 

6 hours ago, penchev said:

When you haven’t got £15 spare (which is the case for many teenagers), there are many more pressing or tempting things to attract your cash.

20 cigarettes to last a week, and a few bus fares, or walk to work all week and not smoke, for 16 minutes of ‘excitement ‘ on a Saturday night?