Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Workington Championship & Border Trophy 7/7/18. 7pm

Recommended Posts

Both teams will be at full strength at Shielfield Park, barring any Friday-night injuries.

Meeting also features Greg Mackie Memorial event between Academy and Ashfield.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Yip,from die-hard to take it or leave it I'm afraid,the sport is in a shambles and it cost a fair bit of money to attend these days which I can find better things to do,Super bikes at Knockhill looks better value this weekend.Sad days for the sport.The happy clappers seem to thing everything is fine though,let them get on with it.!

Just out of interest how much does super bikes at knockhill cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, penchev said:

Just out of interest how much does super bikes at knockhill cost?

Main event is Sunday.        Best adult price is advance online purchase £31.        Hospitality is £185+VAT.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets get behind the lads and beat the comics  wonder if bobby and ben will be there lollol see you lads

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Main event is Sunday.        Best adult price is advance online purchase £31.        Hospitality is £185+VAT.    

Very selective pricing Dick,let me add some more

adult weekend ticket Sat + Sun £39

ConcessionWeekend+ camping £40

Concession WeekendTicket £20

Sat Adult £18

Concession £10

Sunday concession £18. 

6-7 hours racing entrainment each day!

Crowd probably 25,000+

they are not doing too much wrong

I spent £80 last weekend watching absolute dross!!

I am a speedway fan!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rasser @ reserve for workington , and then bach drops to reserve ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenga said:

rasser @ reserve for workington , and then bach drops to reserve ?

Depends on what Bach scores tonight. His new average kicks in 7 days later (13th), but ironically after the 12th July we don't have another fixture now till August 12th! In the meantime the usual cut-off date of the 23rd  July will include both Berwick meetings and the Ipswich meeting for the rest of the team. so there is a possibility he may revert back into the main body of the team without ever racing at reserve!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

Depends on what Bach scores tonight. His new average kicks in 7 days later (13th), but ironically after the 12th July we don't have another fixture now till August 12th! In the meantime the usual cut-off date of the 23rd  July will include both Berwick meetings and the Ipswich meeting for the rest of the team. so there is a possibility he may revert back into the main body of the team without ever racing at reserve!  

a crazy situation .but you know what you are talking about Y+W . whereas , i dont...  ha,haa .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jenga said:

a crazy situation .but you know what you are talking about Y+W . whereas , i dont...  ha,haa .

Wouldn't say I do either Jenga. They may yet decide to include KOC meetings in the averages (After they decided retrospectively to include Championship Shield), or even dream up of a few new ways to calculate them . Depends if the advantage of including or discarding them lies with one of those responsible for pulling our Friday night fixtures;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

Depends on what Bach scores tonight. His new average kicks in 7 days later (13th), but ironically after the 12th July we don't have another fixture now till August 12th! In the meantime the usual cut-off date of the 23rd  July will include both Berwick meetings and the Ipswich meeting for the rest of the team. so there is a possibility he may revert back into the main body of the team without ever racing at reserve!  

I know there will be a few regulars missing at Derwent park on the 12th august 

a little event in Ireland  the ulster grand prix will have a few Workington regulars making the trip over to dundrod

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

I know there will be a few regulars missing at Derwent park on the 12th august 

a little event in Ireland  the ulster grand prix will have a few Workington regulars making the trip over to dundrod

 

The 12th August meeting is at Newcastle Scara.  Our next Home meeting is on August 26th v Redcar for now.

 

Edited by yellow and black
wrong date
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

The 12th August meeting is at Newcastle Scara.  Our next Home meeting is on August 26th v Redcar for now.

 

yep would have been Friday 10th  but I guess unless they arrange 1 for the 11th the road race fans wont miss out

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Very selective pricing Dick,let me add some more

adult weekend ticket Sat + Sun £39

ConcessionWeekend+ camping £40

Concession WeekendTicket £20

Sat Adult £18

Concession £10

Sunday concession £18. 

6-7 hours racing entrainment each day!

Crowd probably 25,000+

they are not doing too much wrong

I spent £80 last weekend watching absolute dross!!

I am a speedway fan!

Hmmm pricey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, penchev said:

Hmmm pricey!

£18 for a full day's action sounds pretty good  to me , remember there's support formulae , plus warm ups and qualifying too .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

£18 for a full day's action sounds pretty good  to me , remember there's support formulae , plus warm ups and qualifying too .

Yeah but then there’s traveling time to get there and fuel, 

I have a season ticket for the speedway and my son gets in for free. 

 

Something to to consider though when there’s no speedway on 

Edited by penchev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy