British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daytripper

Buster Chapman and the Secret Society

Well as the current Chairperson of the BSPA that must be him. I think that like many others, he thought he knew best, only to find it turn to ashes in his hands. The only true Top Man, of course, is God the Father ( assuming He does have a gender tag ) and even Buster cannot believe that he aspires to reach that highly?

On 7/6/2018 at 8:02 AM, waytogo28 said:

Many King's Lynn fans are appalled at what has happened at their club since Keith Chapman attained his lifetime ambition to "do things his way" not just at one club, but at them all. Your's as well as mine. And not merely do things his way but " it's my way or the highway" without listening to you or being concerned about the effect of his decisions on fans ( backed up by the others who must be hypnotised and are now a secretive gang ). It's really not unlike post-war Russia in the 1950's. Thankfully their policies have not killed anyone, only killed off the sport. Only the Top Man knows all and is never wrong.

Sounds like Theresa May

On 7/5/2018 at 2:52 PM, Daytripper said:

So, three clubs, namely Lakeside, Workington and Peterborough, have seemingly had the plug pulled on their Friday meetings for the foreseeable future, despite the fixture list being approved by the BSPA at the start of the season. If the regular race night is lost it will be a financial hit to the  clubs. Even if the Friday Race night is somehow restored it will mean attndances are likely to be hit because many fans, especially season ticket holders build other arrangements around the original fixture lists an cannot easily change them, not to mention  the problems of trackstaff having to change their arrangements, at a time when we have the main holiday season approaching. On top of that we have all seen how difficult it is to re-arrange rain-offs let alone a whole block of fixtures. And that is the best case scenario. The worst case scenario could be having to change race nights and going down the same plug hole as Rye House have just gone down

Lets be clear. The buck stops with the BSPA who have conduct of the Day to Day running of the sport, and its chairman Keith Chapman. For years now Kings Lynn fans have been on here becoming increasingly disenchanted with Chapmans lack of information about what is going on at Kings Lynn.  This now seems to be polluting the sport in general despite Chapmans rhetoric about openness when first elected. This has now plumbed to new depths with the withdrawal of Friday race nights to three clubs, as it seems even the clubs themselves, let alone the fans have been kept in the dark. This is the relevant section of Jon Cooks comment on the Lakeside website :-

“This meeting however, and all our other Friday meetings, mysteriously disappeared from the official BSPA fixture list at the end of last week and although the club has yet to receive any explanation from the Association, the SCB (Speedway Control Board) has reassured us on the continuation of our season,......"

It seems from this that even the clubs themselves have not been told anything by the secretive Chapman, and that follows the palpable silence from the BSPA regarding Rye House.  To my mind, that tells you everything you need to know about the way the present MC regard its fan base. Needless to say the BSPA website, which should be first with the news  carries on as if nothing has happened. Personally I have been going to speedway meetings since before I started school, more than half a century ago. I have never been as close to walking away as I am now.  There must be loads more like me.

While I am on my soap box perhaps I could add that I have in my memorabilia a copy of the old Speedway News dated April 1939 previewing the start of the season for that year. The editorial stresses the need for having balanced and competitive teams to generate interest in the league and each match. I doubt if there is a fan in the country today that would disagree with that. its what gets the crowds in. Its all the fans want: competitive racing in a competitive league with no shenanigans behind the scenes.  Not a lot to ask for really.Nearly 80 years after the Speedway  News hit the nail on the head Chapman and his secret society still dont get it 

You have not included the second part of Cook's statement. Naughty.

So the General Council of the BSPA has met. We await with excitement the Press Release containing the key points in the meeting. Should be good to read.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

So the General Council of the BSPA has met. We await with excitement the Press Release containing the key points in the meeting. Should be good to read.

I TAKE it you are not holding your breath. 

Just trying my best to be patient, knowing that they have the best interests of the sport at heart and are actively seeking creative ways out of the crisis the UK speedway faces.

What would really be fascinating would be for (in the interests of transparency and clarity of course)  the minutes of the BSPA AGM from last year to be made public.

it'll never happen though, because it would allow us fans to see just where the blame for this seasons fiasco really lays.

4 hours ago, winstoncigar said:

What would really be fascinating would be for (in the interests of transparency and clarity of course)  the minutes of the BSPA AGM from last year to be made public.

it'll never happen though, because it would allow us fans to see just where the blame for this seasons fiasco really lays.

The minutes are sanitised before they are published, just remember it's a legally constituted association (not that it makes any difference to the current regime who are better Magicians than  Ian Thomas was)