British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

IOW v Kent Thursday. 5th July 1900 hrs

I think the  Warriors will need some machine guns and a couple of tanks to take victory here...Joking aside even with Ben Morley back I can only see a big away win unfortunately,,but I hope it's a good meeting for the fans and safe one for all the riders ,at least they are not competing against football tonight.....

An easy win for Kent tonight against a top heavy island team. Alfie Bowtell was very impressive, his race with stoneman in heat 4 was sensational.

It was an enjoyable meeting despite Kent being comfortably in front throughout. Yes Alfie has been a great addition to the Islanders side and it's great seeing him ride, the race you mentioned was definitely the highlight of the night.

For the Kings there were great performances from Jack Thomas and Taylor Hampshire in particular and Anders Rowe also looks a great prospect at just 16 years old.

The poor Islanders are a bit battered and bruised at the moment especially with Widman now being on the sidelines, they definitely need to bring in a rider or 2 but think they have been struggling to find anybody. William O'Keefe looked a good prospect at reserve, is there any chance of bringing him in for the rest of the season?

Oh just one thing that puzzled me, if the averages in the programme were correct the 1 rider above Widman's average that could have taken a R/R ride would have been Campos so I was a bit surprised that Verge, the 2 reserves and the number 8 took all the R/R rides? 

Keep up the good work Barry and Martin and I hope for a change in fortunes on the track soon 

Did not see this meeting, the trip across the Solent is off-putting for me.  Being described as an easy win for Kent, but the final scoreline

suggests otherwise. Looked to me, score-wise, as a good performance by the Warriors considering that over 50% of their team are

riders with very low averages. Against tis opposition, Kent should have topped 50 points IMO.

5 - 1's in heats 13 and 15 made the score look closer. At no stage during the meeting did the warriors look like winning. With no tac subs in the NL, unless you have a high scoring reserve, there is very little chance of pulling back a large defecit.