British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Take 30 mins to watch this speedway match from last Sunday and i guarantee you will not be dissapointed

36 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Czestochowa v Leszno  from last Sunday here in HD all heats short version- one of the great Speedway matches from the best track in Poland.

Enjoy !!   https://www.cda.pl/video/24194340c?wersja=720p

Watched it live on Sunday, it has everything that speedway can offer, great racing great atmosphere, huge crowd, tension and a last heat decider

OK R&R tell us how you did it? Is there something like Photoshop for video? Are the riders in Poland controlled by the team manager with a remote control ( as in Scalectrix )? Is there some magic material on the track surface to encourage and permit passing? Can this incredible speedway only be done on Polish tracks? Are the bikes in the UK too fast for the tracks? Or is is correct that the £1,000 per point in Poland is a Big motivating factor?

THIS is proper speedway as somebody once said! More like this would have fans flocking to the tracks over here! I have not seen such good races over the 2017 season here ( and including the first few of 2018 ) but this match had more! Now I know why I fell in love with the sport in the first place.

To anyone who can watch it -the build up on this thread by R&R IS true!

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

OK R&R tell us how you did it? Is there something like Photoshop for video? Are the riders in Poland controlled by the team manager with a remote control ( as in Scalectrix )? Is there some magic material on the track surface to encourage and permit passing? Can this incredible speedway only be done on Polish tracks? Are the bikes in the UK too fast for the tracks? Or is is correct that the £1,000 per point in Poland is a Big motivating factor?

THIS is proper speedway as somebody once said! More like this would have fans flocking to the tracks over here! I have not seen such good races over the 2017 season here ( and including the first few of 2018 ) but this match had more! Now I know why I fell in love with the sport in the first place.

To anyone who can watch it -the build up on this thread by R&R IS true!

You get Speedway like that at Wolves, Lakeside, etc, etc.  Just ask the people that go these places. 
Nothing wrong with the tracks in this country, that's absolutely nothing to do with the reason no one goes.
No reason to change any of them at all..!

• Haha 1

Thanks for putting that up. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was Czestochowa the track where Screen passed that team-riding pair on the last bend?

I still cannot get my head around the fact UK clubs prepare their tracks for gate & go racing in the (correct) belief it will help a home win. 

Make it entertaining and see how the cards land. 

I’ve seen some truly awful speedway recently and I even walked out on one Aces away fixture and I’m a speedway nut. 

Any first timer would say “the first to the white line wins” and this would be transmitted to anyone who asked. 

Fuelled with excitement, I don’t think so. 

There was some great racing on the island last night, but it seems that's not enough to bring the punters in.

Czestochowa has great racing not because of the way it’s prepped or even how much dirt it has as it doesn’t have a lot and it’s not really the size either, it’s the width and especially the width of the corner entry, the fastest line is on the outside right by the air fence but you leave so much room for the guys behind that you run the risk of being beat to the exit of the corner by the rider taking the shorter run which is just the point where your picking up your straight line speed, it all makes for great racing and is definatly one of the best tracks in the world 

• Like 2

It was alright I suppose... just wait until you see Leicester vs Poole on Monday though!

• Haha 2

Thanks R&R for the great link. I feel sort of guilty not having to pay for the great entertainment! If anyone says that Speedway is not a sport refer them to above link. If anyone says that you don't have to be in good shape and train also see above. In the little "jerk water" town in New York State (pop. 5,000) where I live I'm the only one that I know who follows speedway and also the only one who knows what everybody else is missing!

That was great; thanks!

Steve

Brilliant meeting, what a fantastic racetrack.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:53 PM, Chadster said:

Thanks for putting that up. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was Czestochowa the track where Screen passed that team-riding pair on the last bend?

It certainly was :)

On 7/6/2018 at 6:22 PM, iainb said:

It was alright I suppose... just wait until you see Leicester vs Poole on Monday though!

Spot on Leics V Poole blew that out of the water and will remain a classic ( for a variety of reasons ) for a long time to come.

• Haha 1