British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole. Prem. 9/7/18. BT sports.

Live on BT on Monday evening is the meeting between Leicester and Poole. 

Weather is set fair.  The track leads to gate and go and Poole as a whole have been seriously crap at gating recently. This could be settled by the exit of bend two lap one.

Don’t fancy our chances of any win but a point would be good to keep heading towards the playoffs and the 2018 league title.:wink:

Klindt should be back for this one and knows the track well.  Don’t think Jackobsen has seen it.

Thoughts?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Live on BT on Monday evening is the meeting between Leicester and Poole. 

Weather is set fair.  The track leads to gate and go and Poole as a whole have been seriously crap at gating recently. This could be settled by the exit of bend two lap one.

Don’t fancy our chances of any win but a point would be good to keep heading towards the playoffs and the 2018 league title.:wink:

Klindt should be back for this one and knows the track well.  Don’t think Jackobsen has seen it.

Thoughts?

If we go there in the right frame of mind i think we can win this, tactically..

I think Starry is right. Poole's gating was good in your last meeting I guess ? It seems a fair track in the fact that it's not trick.

If Klindt has his trapping gloves on he could do some damage.

I think the Pirates will get a point.. If the riders fire all at once, then they can win a tight one. I know it ain't happened yet ,but it's got to happen some time.

• Like 1

Is Klindt at reserve for this one ? If so he can do some serious damage from there at BP !

Need the real Kenny Bjerre to turn up for this one ....

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Robbobee said:

Is Klindt at reserve for this one ? If so he can do some serious damage from there at BP !

Need the real Kenny Bjerre to turn up for this one ....

Cheers

Not sure about Klindt. Kb looked good at Wolves, then crap, then good in his 2 rides at Lynn..He needs firing up.

You are right the track lends itself to Gate & Go, Tapes to Flag heat wins and with very little passing or real racing ( not none but very little ). Not sure how good it will look on TV. Is there a price reduction? I hope so because it looks like a better show for the uninitiated if there are plenty of fans in the stadium.

The racing was better in the last 2 years following the alterations but this season it has been poor, though the Wolverhampton meeting last week was a marginal improvement.

• Like 1

i think if we get a point it will be bonus klindt looks the ace in the pack for us at reserve :t:

Should be a home win but Poole are more than capable of getting a losing point.

An on form Nicolai Klindt at reserve could definitely help win the meeting for the Pirates. His scores for us in 2016 whilst having a short stint at no.6 were significant, including a seven ride paid max!

Klindt was on fire for Worky last night. 12 point max - his best score of the season......so far!!

Nicolai Klindt is the danger man....................Not really sure why we didn't have him back in the first place. :o

Edited by nightshift

New aquisition Ricky Wells scoring sackloads.