British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole. Prem. 9/7/18. BT sports.

4 minutes ago, paulboy said:

I was booking time off from work around it but the fixed race nights make it more difficult unless you want to go right up north, and even then there's plenty of blank dates. So I think I'll save my money and hope that Belle Vue v Somerset next Monday restores my faith a little!

should be much better  than last night . 

If speedway is to survive, let along prosper, that track needs to be redesigned, and soon. No one in their right mind would go along and watch that procession week in, week out.

I have only seen the TV meetings from Leicester and they have all been very poor, can someone say that what we witnessed isn't the norm ?

Very disappointing advert for speedway - BT should be taking advice as to which tracks and meetings to broadcast - trouble is where would they get reliable advice? No one on the BSPA is going to say, "don't go there, it's crap" but if they want to promote the sport that is what is needed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, adonis said:

with bringing the corners in  it's now very similar to Wolverhampton yet the racing at Wolves is usually good ,  maybe getting doc bridgett  in an advisory capacity only ,since he is not in good health  would help 

I believe Doc has already moved abroad.

I think Leicester should be charged with theft, nicking Poole's blue groove like they have and then allowing it to spawn a second one!!:D:t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, woofers said:

If speedway is to survive, let along prosper, that track needs to be redesigned, and soon. No one in their right mind would go along and watch that procession week in, week out.

I have only seen the TV meetings from Leicester and they have all been very poor, can someone say that what we witnessed isn't the norm ?

Very disappointing advert for speedway - BT should be taking advice as to which tracks and meetings to broadcast - trouble is where would they get reliable advice? No one on the BSPA is going to say, "don't go there, it's crap" but if they want to promote the sport that is what is needed.

As it has been previously said, the racing has been better during the last two seasons but it has not been good this season. This must be down to track preparation and not the shape.

Three points for us awful meeting to watch on bt .I think it got a little better as the meeting went on 

Slightly better racing later on when an outside line developed but generally it was soul destroying to watch as a speedway fan and a dreadful advert for British speedway. Says it all when a gating tart like Klindt can look like World Champion. 

Bizarre crash in heat 14, looked completely different from the two angles and Worrall's apology showed that he thought it was his fault. Tend to think the ref got it right though.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

As it has been previously said, the racing has been better during the last two seasons but it has not been good this season. This must be down to track preparation and not the shape.

It was better... just better than diabolical... it was still crap though

42 minutes ago, ray c said:

Three points for us awful meeting to watch on bt .I think it got a little better as the meeting went on 

Funnily enough I was walking to my car and a couple behind me were saying it was a good meeting, shame we lost but a good meeting!! I could hardly believe my ears, what is a bad meeting at Leicester like!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Ah..thanks....thought he designed Leicester too.  I know he designed Redcar and Somerset tracks

No you can't blame Glyn for the Leicester track!

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Funnily enough I was walking to my car and a couple behind me were saying it was a good meeting, shame we lost but a good meeting!! I could hardly believe my ears, what is a bad meeting at Leicester like!!

I am afraid that, over the years, a good meeting at Leicester is defined as one where the home team win by a narrow margin. The excitement level depends on how often the overall points lead changes over the 15 heats! 

• Like 1

I

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Even on a Facebook speedway site a few people were saying what a great meeting it was with great racing, they have obviously never seen a decent meeting in their lives if they thought that was good.

Bt really should pick and choose which tracks they show speedway from, and that track shouldn't be one of them.  

I'm sure there are contractual obligations to show every PL track at least once!!

2 hours ago, woofers said:

Unfortunately it has become the norm this year and I'm beginning to wonder why I bother as it's quite a struggle for me these days walking from the shopping centre car park. Rapidly losing interest but after 70 years speedway is hard to give up so I suppose I will plod on until the end of the season.

Did not even bother watching this on tv as rightly it was awful.