British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole. Prem. 9/7/18. BT sports.

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

BT matches seem to be over more quickly than the Sky ones. Or is that just a general trend? Certainly looks like they scored a bad own goal by not ripping up the start area on this one, no matter whoever's decision it was.

This is mainly due to the refs being told to get on with the meetings and cut out all the delays we had last year, not BT, as a lot of fans were fed up with all the pointless delays and wasting of time.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, iainb said:

Have you seen the banking on turn 2? add any more and it'll be like a wall of death!

I assume the other person who mentioned it hasnt either then.. but as im from Poole and all that...

Just watched this in 20 minutes and tbh it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, wouldn't have said that if I'd been watching for two hours tho

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

I've not bothered watching the recording based on the comments in this thread, it actually sounded worse than the wolves v Leicester TV meeting which I watched in 20min mainly due to the interviews. 

Was it as bad as that?

Worse. About as bad as it gets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

I've not bothered watching the recording based on the comments in this thread.

Are you really that influenced by what other people think? Why not have a bash at making your own mind up about things. It might be a pleasant surprise to you.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Out of interest, how did the crowd figure look on Monday.

Looking at the POL video posted by Nightshift it looked pretty poor on the parts the camera covered, but couldnt see what it was like in I assume the main stand where the camera was posted.

7 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Out of interest, how did the crowd figure look on Monday.

Looking at the POL video posted by Nightshift it looked pretty poor on the parts the camera covered, but couldnt see what it was like in I assume the main stand where the camera was posted.

Surprisingly good considering most tracks have a big drop in attendances when TV are there.  Looked to be a normal crowd but whether they will lose a few after the mostly processional racing remains to be seen. 

Going back to the meeting I wonder if Hans was on gate two in heat 15 it would have been a better option than bjerre just a thought ?

Hans said in the interview that 'he took one for the team' when agreeing to take gate 4!

I agree that the meeting wasn't a classic by any stretch of the imagination. Particularly the first 6 or so heats, but it did improve a little later on. 

Having said that I don't think there is any track, probably with the exception of Bell Vue,  that produces amazing racing week in week out.  I don't know enough about it to say that this is down to the bikes nowadays or the setups.  However, I think a major factor is the amazing weather that we have all been enjoying.  The ground, in general, is rock hard and it must be difficult getting any moisture in the tracks. 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Going back to the meeting I wonder if Hans was on gate two in heat 15 it would have been a better option than bjerre just a thought ?

Hans was Leicester's best rider by that stage but with Klindt going from 3 he had almost no chance. Bjerre's fall had knocked his confidence and so on this occasion it may have been better with Wells going from 4 but the chances of beating Klindt were still going to be slim. But they might have had a better chance of combining to stop Kurtz and get a draw. 

It's a shame for Leicester that Klindt's engine failures at Ipswich yesterday didn't occur sooner!

3 hours ago, ray c said:

I think the mistake was made much earlier on in heat one when Lions won the toss and chose gates 1 & 3. :D They should have waited and picked  gates in the last heat after watching to see which were more advantageous.    Even the flying Klindt could do nothing  from the back when he didn't gate in heat 12 off four and got beaten by Charles Wright and James Sarjeant, plus his own team mate Jakobsen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

I think the mistake was made much earlier on in heat one when Lions won the toss and chose gates 1 & 3. :D They should have waited and picked  gates in the last heat after watching to see which were more advantageous.    Even the flying Klindt could do nothing  from the back when he didn't gate in heat 12 off four and got beaten by Charles Wright and James Sarjeant, plus his own team mate Jakobsen.

I suppose you would hope you have won it by heat 15 then gates dont matter ?