British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole. Prem. 9/7/18. BT sports.

4 hours ago, Gemini said:

I think the mistake was made much earlier on in heat one when Lions won the toss and chose gates 1 & 3. :D They should have waited and picked  gates in the last heat after watching to see which were more advantageous.    Even the flying Klindt could do nothing  from the back when he didn't gate in heat 12 off four and got beaten by Charles Wright and James Sarjeant, plus his own team mate Jakobsen.

I don't know why any sensible person wouldn't go for the heat 15 option when winning the toss.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ray c said:

I suppose you would hope you have won it by heat 15 then gates dont matter ?

You can hope but this is Leicester who seem able to build up a good lead but then lose a lot of it in the second half of a match so it makes more sense to have the choice of the best gates in the last heat. 

7 hours ago, Elmo said:

I don't know why any sensible person wouldn't go for the heat 15 option when winning the toss.

Agree and perhaps Simon would have chosen differently if he had been there. 

Poole, having a rider of  Klindt  quality at reserve was always going to be the telling factor.  The  Leicester track is tailor made for a gater like  Klindt  He was always going to have extra rides and score loads of points.   I was surprised the Lions were in contention as long as they were.     Take away Klindt  haul and the rest of Poole side were pretty ordinary, so Leicester shouldn't feel  too disappointed.  

The one obvious deduction to come from this meeting was that the Lions reserves are desperately weak and are in  need  strengthening.    Have always thought it would be better to have at least one  strong reserves at the expense of points higher up in the team....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gemini said:

You can hope but this is Leicester who seem able to build up a good lead but then lose a lot of it in the second half of a match so it makes more sense to have the choice of the best gates in the last heat. 

Agree and perhaps Simon would have chosen differently if he had been there. 

There is nothing to suggest the result would have been different if Poole had won the toss and taken 1 and 3, personally the way the meeting went i would think Poole would have got 4 points. 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Poole, having a rider of  Klindt  quality at reserve was always going to be the telling factor.  The  Leicester track is tailor made for a gater like  Klindt  He was always going to have extra rides and score loads of points.   I was surprised the Lions were in contention as long as they were.     Take away Klindt  haul and the rest of Poole side were pretty ordinary, so Leicester shouldn't feel  too disappointed.  

The one obvious deduction to come from this meeting was that the Lions reserves are desperately weak and are in  need  strengthening.    Have always thought it would be better to have at least one  strong reserves at the expense of points higher up in the team....

Why would you take away Klindts haul? He is part of the team like the other 6 riders. 

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would you take away Klindts haul? He is part of the team like the other 6 riders. 

Another case of jealousy Steve. It wont matter who drops down to reserve they will both be good.. Perhaps wiggins will look at our team and he will see what we mean..;)

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Again you  are missing the point,    I was comparing Klindt score against those of the rest of the team.   Such was the advantage of having a strong  reserve, any team would have profited  likewise  had they had the same....

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Another case of jealousy Steve. It wont matter who drops down to reserve they will both be good.. Perhaps wiggins will look at our team and he will see what we mean..;)

In all of my years , jealousy has never been one of my straits.     In fact I believe jealousy is such a juvenile behaviour,   that its probably more in keeping with those who think it.....  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, g13webb said:

They had the chance to get a stronger reserve in when the 2 changes were made. IMO, Newman should have been retained & Kurtz released, I know he was injured at the time but he was back with Lakeside a week later, this would have given them a much stronger reserve & a better balanced line-up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, g13webb said:

Again you  are missing the point,    I was comparing Klindt score against those of the rest of the team.   Such was the advantage of having a strong  reserve, any team would have profited  likewise  had they had the same....

In all of my years , jealousy has never been one of my straits.     In fact I believe jealousy is such a juvenile behaviour,   that its probably more in keeping with those who think it.....  

You brought it up in the first place. Really no need to ..

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You brought it up in the first place. Really no need to ..

Heaven forbid that someone on a forum gives his opinion about having at reserve an ex-Leicester rider who is a good gater. :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Heaven forbid that someone on a forum gives his opinion about having at reserve an ex-Leicester rider who is a good gater. :D

some people just dont get what everybody has been talking about the mind boggles up the pirates :nono::nono: any way it will be nice to see hans back at poole wednesday week

Edited by ray c