British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole. Prem. 9/7/18. BT sports.

Ah..thanks....thought he designed Leicester too.  I know he designed Redcar and Somerset tracks

Anyway although a terrible meeting, the Pirates finally starting to get our act together. The rest starting to look over their shoulder. Happy days!

latest?cb=20150403084856

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason.C said:

Agent Andersen did well to allow the pirates lads through there. 

Always thought Hans liked us even when he's not riding for us. Thanks Hans! 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Agent Hans in heat 15......

Middlo...to Hans....."um Hans, do us a favour in heat 15 there's a good chap". 

164455322.jpg

Hans i will make sure the hot water is on at poole for yr next visit  .. No problem  :party::t:

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

For all it’s issues recently, the Poole track is a very good racetrack and only behind Belle Vue for racing. Some say Somerset is good but every time I have been there it never lives up to much.

Leicester on the other hand, well how can someone actually get it so so wrong?

I’ve been to lots of meetings at both & think Somerset is a massively better racetrack than Poole.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

DC2’s been a bit quiet tonight. Perhaps he realises the game could be up?

Sorry, I don’t usually follow the wooden spoon matches.   :)

Well done to Poole on their away win.  It really was a poor meeting but a win’s a win.  Onwards and upwards for the pie rats

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Elmo said:

No.

The previous owner decided he knew best and ignored the advice he was given.

He just took his idea of what makes a great cycle speedway track and sized it up. Forgot all about speedway being a motorised sport and how they might pass. But then he got so much wrong about how to be a promoter,?didn't he.

• Like 5

Not a big surprise from two gate & go teams. Poole will relish busting to a track that comes a close second to theirs for its tedious from the gate fare. 

17 minutes ago, ouch said:

Not a big surprise from two gate & go teams. Poole will relish busting to a track that comes a close second to theirs for its tedious from the gate fare. 

You will have to do better than that.  

Now only two points off the playoffs, and have 2 home meetings in hand. Belle Vue have ridden more at home than away so we should start moving up the league and finish comfortably in the playoffs by the end of the regular season, providing we avoid injuries.

The team is starting to gell. Narrow defeats followed by an away win. Looking up for the Pirates!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

He just took his idea of what makes a great cycle speedway track and sized it up. Forgot all about speedway being a motorised sport and how they might pass. But then he got so much wrong about how to be a promoter,?didn't he.

Indeed, the dimensions of the track he  built were remarkably close in proportions to those of the cycle speedway track in the city.

He got a lot wrong. Some saw the signs early on and stopped going. Sadly the "improvements" have done nothing to attract me and others back.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You will have to do better than that.  

Now only two points off the playoffs, and have 2 home meetings in hand. Belle Vue have ridden more at home than away so we should start moving up the league and finish comfortably in the playoffs by the end of the regular season, providing we avoid injuries.

The team is starting to gell. Narrow defeats followed by an away win. Looking up for the Pirates!

But do many people really care any more? Speedway is in a complete mess, a team's dropped out of the top league half way through, there seems to be confusion over how this effects the averages, last night's meeting was a total bore fest on an awful track. Last year I did a couple of speedway road trips, was planning on at least one this year but really losing all enthusiasm, which is a shame after the best part of 50 years!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leicester Lion said:

Indeed, the dimensions of the track he  built were remarkably close in proportions to those of the cycle speedway track in the city.

He got a lot wrong. Some saw the signs early on and stopped going. Sadly the "improvements" have done nothing to attract me and others back.

with bringing the corners in  it's now very similar to Wolverhampton yet the racing at Wolves is usually good ,  maybe getting doc bridgett  in an advisory capacity only ,since he is not in good health  would help 

4 minutes ago, paulboy said:

But do many people really care any more? Speedway is in a complete mess, a team's dropped out of the top league half way through, there seems to be confusion over how this effects the averages, last night's meeting was a total bore fest on an awful track. Last year I did a couple of speedway road trips, was planning on at least one this year but really losing all enthusiasm, which is a shame after the best part of 50 years!

there's more than a few like yourself , i was looking forward to  taking in a few meetings combined with  short breaks  when retirement arrives , only 18 months to go and I no longer have the interest in speedway  to follow my plan through 

1 minute ago, adonis said:

there's more than a few like yourself , i was looking forward to  taking in a few meetings combined with  short breaks  when retirement arrives , only 18 months to go and I no longer have the interest in speedway  to follow my plan through 

I was booking time off from work around it but the fixed race nights make it more difficult unless you want to go right up north, and even then there's plenty of blank dates. So I think I'll save my money and hope that Belle Vue v Somerset next Monday restores my faith a little!