Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole. Prem. 9/7/18. BT sports.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Going back to the meeting I wonder if Hans was on gate two in heat 15 it would have been a better option than bjerre just a thought ?

 

I think the mistake was made much earlier on in heat one when Lions won the toss and chose gates 1 & 3. :D They should have waited and picked  gates in the last heat after watching to see which were more advantageous.    Even the flying Klindt could do nothing  from the back when he didn't gate in heat 12 off four and got beaten by Charles Wright and James Sarjeant, plus his own team mate Jakobsen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gemini said:

I think the mistake was made much earlier on in heat one when Lions won the toss and chose gates 1 & 3. :D They should have waited and picked  gates in the last heat after watching to see which were more advantageous.    Even the flying Klindt could do nothing  from the back when he didn't gate in heat 12 off four and got beaten by Charles Wright and James Sarjeant, plus his own team mate Jakobsen.

I suppose you would hope you have won it by heat 15 then gates dont matter ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think I'll bother watching this meeting, after all the negative comments on here.

#deletesoundsgoodtome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gemini said:

I think the mistake was made much earlier on in heat one when Lions won the toss and chose gates 1 & 3. :D They should have waited and picked  gates in the last heat after watching to see which were more advantageous.    Even the flying Klindt could do nothing  from the back when he didn't gate in heat 12 off four and got beaten by Charles Wright and James Sarjeant, plus his own team mate Jakobsen.

I don't know why any sensible person wouldn't go for the heat 15 option when winning the toss.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ray c said:

I suppose you would hope you have won it by heat 15 then gates dont matter ?

You can hope but this is Leicester who seem able to build up a good lead but then lose a lot of it in the second half of a match so it makes more sense to have the choice of the best gates in the last heat. 

7 hours ago, Elmo said:

I don't know why any sensible person wouldn't go for the heat 15 option when winning the toss.

Agree and perhaps Simon would have chosen differently if he had been there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poole, having a rider of  Klindt  quality at reserve was always going to be the telling factor.  The  Leicester track is tailor made for a gater like  Klindt  He was always going to have extra rides and score loads of points.   I was surprised the Lions were in contention as long as they were.     Take away Klindt  haul and the rest of Poole side were pretty ordinary, so Leicester shouldn't feel  too disappointed.  

The one obvious deduction to come from this meeting was that the Lions reserves are desperately weak and are in  need  strengthening.    Have always thought it would be better to have at least one  strong reserves at the expense of points higher up in the team....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gemini said:

You can hope but this is Leicester who seem able to build up a good lead but then lose a lot of it in the second half of a match so it makes more sense to have the choice of the best gates in the last heat. 

Agree and perhaps Simon would have chosen differently if he had been there. 

There is nothing to suggest the result would have been different if Poole had won the toss and taken 1 and 3, personally the way the meeting went i would think Poole would have got 4 points. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Poole, having a rider of  Klindt  quality at reserve was always going to be the telling factor.  The  Leicester track is tailor made for a gater like  Klindt  He was always going to have extra rides and score loads of points.   I was surprised the Lions were in contention as long as they were.     Take away Klindt  haul and the rest of Poole side were pretty ordinary, so Leicester shouldn't feel  too disappointed.  

The one obvious deduction to come from this meeting was that the Lions reserves are desperately weak and are in  need  strengthening.    Have always thought it would be better to have at least one  strong reserves at the expense of points higher up in the team....

Why would you take away Klindts haul? He is part of the team like the other 6 riders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would you take away Klindts haul? He is part of the team like the other 6 riders. 

Another case of jealousy Steve. It wont matter who drops down to reserve they will both be good.. Perhaps wiggins will look at our team and he will see what we mean..;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would you take away Klindts haul? He is part of the team like the other 6 riders. 

Again you  are missing the point,    I was comparing Klindt score against those of the rest of the team.   Such was the advantage of having a strong  reserve, any team would have profited  likewise  had they had the same....

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Another case of jealousy Steve. It wont matter who drops down to reserve they will both be good.. Perhaps wiggins will look at our team and he will see what we mean..;)

In all of my years , jealousy has never been one of my straits.     In fact I believe jealousy is such a juvenile behaviour,   that its probably more in keeping with those who think it.....  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, g13webb said:

Poole, having a rider of  Klindt  quality at reserve was always going to be the telling factor.  The  Leicester track is tailor made for a gater like  Klindt  He was always going to have extra rides and score loads of points.   I was surprised the Lions were in contention as long as they were.     Take away Klindt  haul and the rest of Poole side were pretty ordinary, so Leicester shouldn't feel  too disappointed.  

The one obvious deduction to come from this meeting was that the Lions reserves are desperately weak and are in  need  strengthening.    Have always thought it would be better to have at least one  strong reserves at the expense of points higher up in the team....

They had the chance to get a stronger reserve in when the 2 changes were made. IMO, Newman should have been retained & Kurtz released, I know he was injured at the time but he was back with Lakeside a week later, this would have given them a much stronger reserve & a better balanced line-up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, g13webb said:

Again you  are missing the point,    I was comparing Klindt score against those of the rest of the team.   Such was the advantage of having a strong  reserve, any team would have profited  likewise  had they had the same....

In all of my years , jealousy has never been one of my straits.     In fact I believe jealousy is such a juvenile behaviour,   that its probably more in keeping with those who think it.....  

You brought it up in the first place. Really no need to ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You brought it up in the first place. Really no need to ..

Heaven forbid that someone on a forum gives his opinion about having at reserve an ex-Leicester rider who is a good gater. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Heaven forbid that someone on a forum gives his opinion about having at reserve an ex-Leicester rider who is a good gater. :D

some people just dont get what everybody has been talking about the mind boggles up the pirates :nono::nono: any way it will be nice to see hans back at poole wednesday week

Edited by ray c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy