British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Buxton v Brummies NT Sun 8th July

BUXTON: Ben Wilson, Lewis Whitmore, Connor Coles R/R, Tom Woolley, James Cockle, Kieran Douglas, Corban Pavitt, Sam Woolley (No.8).

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume R/R, Leon Flint, Danny Ayres, William O’Keefe, TBC.

Guest GiveusaB

pile of ...... wouldnt waste my money!!!

Our number 7 for the day is Leon Flint's dad.... who hasn't raced for 11 years !

BIRMINGHAM will have a father and son duo racing in today’s (Sunday) National Trophy fixture at Buxton (3pm).

Gary, dad of teenage sensation Leon, will ride at No.7 as a 3.00 unattached Rider.

Senior Flint, now aged 36, last raced in 2007 and had spells with four clubs, including Sunday’s opponents.

Edwards Plumbing Brummies boss Laurence Rogers said: “Gary heard that we were struggling to find a final rider for the trip to Buxton and during a ‘phone call he mentioned getting back on a bike himself.

“We took him seriously and next thing we knew he was off for a practice on Saturday afternoon!

“He’s now taking it seriously as well because he’s got his license and who knows this may be the start of a comeback.

“We contacted a fair few youngsters but there were so many unavailable this afternoon, so thanks to Gary for stepping in at short notice - watching him and Leon in Heat 14 will be a moment to savour.” 

I've seen a comment elsewhere that Buxton have apparently objected to Gary Flint being included in the Brummies team. Can anyone confirm the situation?

1 minute ago, TeamBouchard said:

I've seen a comment elsewhere that Buxton have apparently objected to Gary Flint being included in the Brummies team. Can anyone confirm the situation?

Yeah don’t think Gary Flint is riding now. No idea why Buxton have kicked up a fuss over this. What will Birmingham do now ride with 5 riders?

Buxton should hold their heads in shame. What the hell is going on . As a midlands speedway fan who regularly goes Buxton , I will in future as I will today give it a miss and will spend my cash elsewhere . Will now be spending today’s entrance money on a family meal in Leek.  One word PATHETIC

Edited by 1962saddler

23 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Hopefully if they turn up with only 5 riders they will be fined and thrown out of the league. 

If the above happens I assume Buxton will pay the fine considering they contributed to Birmingham fielding an under strength side? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Hopefully if they turn up with only 5 riders they will be fined and thrown out of the league. 

Thanks for that. We lost our team a few seasons ago. rye House Supporters have just lost theirs. Despite you ridiculous comment I hope you never have to experience it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Ohh you seem nice, can’t believe Buxton were scared of Gary Flint ahahahahahaha what an embarrassment he hasn’t rode in 11 years and even then he wasn’t good, he’s no better than a 3.

Buxton have announced a number 8 let him ride at 7 for Birmingham problem solved surely? 

Presumably if Flint snr isn't allowed to ride it means a rule is being broken somewhere along the line?

28 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Would the Brummies run at home in front of their paying public with just 5 riders. Is it OK to rob other clubs supporters?

Well they had 6 and R/R which is fairly normal until Buxton became scared of a 37 year old who’s son is better than him