British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Buxton v Brummies NT Sun 8th July

Jane as said the Sport is a joke, However a sport that is a joke stills needs rules and regulations, The licensed Promoter of Birmingham Speedway in an Official tweet states “ We have written confirmation off the BSPA confirming that Mr Flint could ride” All that Buxton Speedway are retesting is sight of that confirmation, not unreasonable, If it’s not forthcoming Lawrence Rogers is a liar, simple as.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Surely all Birmingham had to do was show the BSPA permission to the referee and that would have sorted it out. If they had written permission where would the argument have been? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argos said:

So basically the Ref said Lawrence Rogers is a liar when he said he had written confirmation off the BSPA saying Mr Flint senior could ride ?

correct and Lawrence has the opportunity to  prove he's not . all he needs to do is show the paperwork .  if i had been accused of being a liar by more than 1 person and had paperwork to prove otherwise  ,I wouldn't be writing press releases trying to make excuses , I would simply show the evidence  as most people would 

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Perhaps he only had verbal consent and the paperwork was on its way (knowing how slow the BSPA work)

Who really cares ???

Edited by GiveusaB

Of course Birmingham have form. Tried it on at Eastbourne a couple of years back over trying to use James Shanes when he was ineligible 

8 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Of course Birmingham have form. Tried it on at Eastbourne a couple of years back over trying to use James Shanes when he was ineligible 

different  promoter and manager though ,   this one has form of it's own , trying to use  a Pole  in the team , 

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

What a surprise Brummie hater and total one eyed idiot Richard Weston shows up....

• Like 1

Purely because I am a suspicious sod.

I think Birmingham did it just to wind up Buxton, if Gazza had ridden would certainly have weakened Birmingham.  I sponsored Gazza and wanted my name on the bottom of his engine, so I could see it more often when he fell off between  the 3rd and 4th bend.

By the way Birmingham certainly succeeded in winding the fans up at least.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Just glad we've set up a winner takes all affair against a league select side using the name 'Cradley ' ! :rofl:

Even more positive was to see the 'guest' reserves do so well....?

I don't feel so deflated by the loss of Layne now!?

2 hours ago, Brummiestormer said:

What a surprise Brummie hater and total one eyed idiot Richard Weston shows up....

Typical of Birmingham supporters: they play the man not the ball.

Why don't you address the issue instead of being rude about someone who points out a fact?

You have the opportunity to refute my assertion; argue differently (it is a forum, after all) but all you do is throw out an insult.

6 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Typical of Birmingham supporters: they play the man not the ball.

Why don't you address the issue instead of being rude about someone who points out a fact?

You have the opportunity to refute my assertion; argue differently (it is a forum, after all) but all you do is throw out an insult.

plenty of that sort on these forums .  

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Perhaps he only had verbal consent and the paperwork was on its way (knowing how slow the BSPA work)

Who really cares ???

according to facebook . when he was asked he said it was in his car  .  you cant keep a verbal agreement in the glove box :)

Guest GiveusaB
2 minutes ago, adonis said:

according to facebook . when he was asked he said it was in his car  .  you cant keep a verbal agreement in the glove box :)

I have my doubts about the appointment of Mr Rogers as manager.....he's not coming across as very professional ?

I could be wrong....but my instincts tell me not to trust someone of his nature!

I hope the name of Birmingham Speedway doesn't get dragged through the mud because of people trying to cheat?

Guest GiveusaB
4 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

This was a 'guest' technicality that Drury appeared to have over looked ? (using same guest twice in 7/8 days?) we could have used an equally as good a guest if he'd of had any brains?

and it wouldn't have made any difference to the final outcome (we were always going to lose over 2 legs). The only people that were robbed that day was the paying spectators ....forcing Birmingham to field an already weakened team!

However, for you to bring it up is rather petty....thought you'd of got over 1974, 2015/16 by now??? or is the Bridesmaid tag weighing you down ? :rofl:

55 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I have my doubts about the appointment of Mr Rogers as manager.....he's not coming across as very professional ?

I could be wrong....but my instincts tell me not to trust someone of his nature!

I hope the name of Birmingham Speedway doesn't get dragged through the mud because of people trying to cheat?

I agree, since he become Birmingham Promotor he try’s to sign a Polish Rider, States on the Birmingham forum that the Kent meeting will take place this Wednesday even if England are playing in the World Cup, then When England win he says the meeting will NOT take place, He is then proven to be a liar when he says he has written confirmation off the BSPA that old man Flint could ride, when in fact he never did.

Would be very surprised if he had the support of the Masons after these disasters